Shadowrun: In Media Res

Adventure topics for this game go here!
User avatar
SARGE
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by SARGE »

Initiative 8
Initiative Rocks
Initiative 1d6!! +5
Test Rolls
Initiative Test 1d6!!+5

"Who are you calling a Geek? Your details are a little short, like you."

Peaceful solutions
Sarge goes naturally to his magic, using Mob Control. How do we show that here?
Mob ControL 8d6>4
Resist drain 5d6>4
Last edited by SARGE on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Mulpa »

Initiative 13
1d6+7
- Using Free Edge to Seize the Initiative
Soak 11 = No Damage
10S vs. 21 dice
  • 21d6>4
13 Pass (Initiative Seized)
Turn on Shock Gloves (Change Device Mode - Simple Action), Run to the end of Aisle 1/3 (Near Aisle 2/4) (Free Action), then Take Cover (Simple Action)
Initiative Pass 3 (Initiative Seized)
Charge the Shaman (Run (16)- Free Action; Melee Attack - Complex Attack)
  • Melee Attack (Unarmed - Krav Maga) 12 + Charge (2) - Green Goop (1) = 13
    • 13d6>4
      • Damage: 8S (e) AP-5 from Shock Gloves, 7S from Unarmed Strike (I did not take the +2 dice for a Touch Attack)... all modified by Net Successes on Attack (4 Successes)
With a quick shake of his head, Mulpa is able to throw off the effects of the grenade.

Again I am glad that being subtle to fit in allows me to wear my armor in public and be ready for whatever live... or some soon to be chum poser... throws at you. Now first priority is cover until I get my Gloves ready...

Running to the middle break between the aisles, Mulpa pushes the discrete button to turn on his Shock Gloves and takes cover at the end of the aisle. Taking a second there to ready himself, Mulpa runs around the corner, 55kg of compact Dwarven muscle, and charges the Dwarven Shaman with knife hand to the bread basket.

He is going to have problems casting if he is having problems breathing.
Last edited by Mulpa on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Wraith »

Location: Stuffer Shack, Tacoma, Seattle Metroplex
Status: Lightly stunned (-1 modifier)
Initiative, Flashbang Resist
Initiative (Round 1) (1d6+9): 1d6+9

Damage Resistance roll vs Flashbang (10S)
Spending Edge to Push the Limit (prior to rolling) -> 11 dice total (modified 4 armor + modified 5 body + 2 edge rating)
11d6>4
3 sixes explode -> 3d6>4
Total: 7S soaked, 3 total damage taken; -1 combat modifier now due to damage
It goes like this: flash bang!
Goons leap inside, guns drawn (or spells powered up, whatever!). Goon 2 (with the AK) shouts, "Hey Stooby, what if they can't hear?" Stooby responds to Goon 2, "Shut up!" Goon 3 yells like an angry dwarf, and is almost audible over ringing ears: "Give us the geek and no one gets hurt! We saw her in come in here!"
'The fuck? Who are these guys?' are Wraith's initial thoughts - the presence of flashbangs however, cause her to put that aside as she dives for cover behind a shelf. Buffeted by the shockwave, she considers the situation, peering through the cracks in the shelving. 'Three of them... wannabe runners? Is this a coincidence, or... some sort of set-up?'

>>I do not suppose anyone knows what they are talking about?<< the foxelf inquires over their channel, while at the same time drawing a Guardian heavy pistol; the one loaded with gel rounds. A blur of motion catches her attention as Shrike does his thing, leaving Wraith rather impressed. 'I'm really not happy with exchanging fire in a freaking Stuffer Shack, but wannabes are going to get people killed; its too bad I left my sword at home...'

Combat, initiative passes
In the initial moments of the situation, with the breaking of glass and throwing of flashbangs Wraith's evasion attempt would try to put herself in that spot between the shelves forming Aisle 1 and Aisle 2.

Two initiative passes, 14 and 4 (after modified by injury)
Passive Defense (8 dice): 8d6>4
14
Simple Action 1: Take Aim at Goon #2 (Adding +1 die)
Simple Action 2: Fire Savalette Guardian at Goon #2 - Burst fire (standard) 12 dice (8 Acc)
- Smart linked (wireless enabled), Silencer, Light Smoke; recoil fully compensated
- Opponent gets -2 defense modifier, +1 AP for Gel rounds
To Hit (12 dice): 12d6>4
Damage: 8S + net hits


4
Simple Action 1: Take Aim at Goon #2 (Adding +1 die); negates progressive recoil
Simple Action 2: Fire Savalette Guardian at Goon #2 - Burst fire (standard) 12 dice (8 Acc)
- Smart linked (wireless enabled), Silencer, Light Smoke; recoil fully compensated
- Opponent gets -2 defense modifier, +1 AP for Gel rounds
To Hit (12 dice): 12d6>4
Damage: 8S + net hits
Last edited by Wraith on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

User avatar
Tulpa
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Tulpa »

Intuition: 5 | Reaction: 5 | Cerebellum Booster: +1 | Cram: +1 | Psyche: +1
: 13+2d6 + Hard VR bonus 2d6=23
  • Running Silent
  • Active Programs at start of combat round: Signal Scrub, Smoke & Mirrors (2), Stealth

Roll vs being found: Logic + Sleaze+ Programs- Running Silent: 17d6>4

”Alright Gents, this is what I know: The Warehouse seems to be running on an internal system, without an active outside connection. That means I either go in with you and hardwire in, Or I go through their security company… A one Aztechnology Security. I don’t know if that’s the best idea. Hold that thought… I have company.”

Tulpa focuses on his new friend. Who are you? Why do you want these cameras? He immediately ensures he is running dark before focusing all of his attention on his new target. He attempts to mark the new icon and then begin a trace if he manages to be successful in his hack on the fly, otherwise he attempts again.

Tulpa almost pauses his attempts to check the real world, but he stops. If I can just get a trace on this guy, Ill make sure Im safe. ”They seem to be interested in the Stuffers cameras; watch out, something might be happening. I am trying to get a trace on the target now.”

First Pass:
  • Targeting new decker’s icon: Complex Action: Hack On the Fly: Hacking+Sleaze(-Running Silent) vs Intuition+Firewall: 10d6>4
Second Pass:
  • If I have at least two Marks on the other Decker: Trace Icon: 6d6>4
  • If I have no Marks on the other Decker: Hack on the Fly: Hacking+Sleaze(-Running Silent) vs Intuition+Firewall: 10d6>4
Third Pass:
  • Simple Action: Jack out of Matrix
  • Free Action: Yell: "Occupado!"
  • Simple Action: If I am still alone in the troll porta potty, I reactivat emy connection to the matrix
Last edited by Tulpa on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Street Cred: 0 | Notoriety: 2
Perception: 7 [9] (No modifiers)

Body: 3
Armor: +11 (+2 w/ Ballistic Mask)
Dodge: +1
Parry: +1

Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 9

Attack: 0 |Sleaze: 6 (+2 programs)
Data Processing: 2 | Firewall:2
Device Rating: 2 | Matrix DR: 4
Noise Reduction: 3 (+1[+2/-1] programs + dongle)

Active Programs: N/A (Datajack Plus: Signal Scrub, Smoke-and-Mirrors, Stealth)
Active Dongle: Reciever

User avatar
Corrigon
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:02 am

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Corrigon »

Tulpa wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 am


“Good evening Shrike, welcome to the party. Just the same access I requested of Wraith. If I can be let into your Comms unit, I can actively record any and all inputs you have to a remote backup. It will also help if anyone like me tries to mess with your tech; I will be able to be there to fend them off. Or distract them.”

Tulpa will begin syncing all of the teams comms units with his, ensuring he has an active HUD filled with the teams Matrix imprints and firewalls. Once he gains access to a teams comms unit, he slaves it to his, so all traffic is being fed through his own firewall.

Shrike toggles his comm unit to accept Tulpa, as he picks up his snacks. Noting what the other three people are up to, he makes a mental note not to buy ice cream from this stuffer shack ever and probably worth checking any at the others.

Heading to the counter, Shrike's instincts immediately kick in as the glass shatters. Time immediately slows down from his perspective as he turns his head to see a flashpack hurtling through the window. His wired reflexes means he can react before it explodes and Shrike does a sliding dodge over the counter grabbing the server as he moves into cover.

"Stay down!" he tells the server as he whips out the Ares Predator from its concealed holster. He wasn't going to let any innocent or semi innocent civilians get hurt. He comes up into a high crouch, able to see over the counter, but still mostly covered. His military training kicks in as he gets to evaluate the three in split second each, smartlink feeding him information even through the light smoke. Leader, assault rifle or mage. First thing you do, geek the mage. Don't know the target, but this ain't a good hit. His Ares Predator spits out a round, the silencer reducing the sound of the shot.


Initiative 22
OOC Comments
initiative 10+3d6
Pass 1 - 22 using the explosive behind him, Shrike throws himself over the counter
Pass 2 -12 reaching into his holster, withdraws Ares Predator loaded with gel rounds
Pass 3 - 2 crouching behind the counter, he pops up and shoots the mage with his Ares Predator

defence 1 hit (should be enough to remove hit from grenades)


Shooting 4 hits, 8S +successful hits, 0AP, -2 limit to resist knockdown.



OOC Comments
initiative 10+3d6
OOC Comments
deFence 10d6>4

damage resist 14d6>4 5s remaining

sHooting 7d6>4 smartLink dice 2d6>4

Nathanial Deepgorge
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 am

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Nathanial Deepgorge »

Nathan is driving through the streets of Seattle looking for someplace open so he can grab a quick soykaf and burger. Seeing flashes of light, he slows down as he passes a stuffer shack. Taking a closer look lets Nathan notice the goons entering the shop with visible weapons. ’This must be the place!’ He kills the headlights and turns into the lot. Once his tail end has cleared the road, Nat stops and uses his comms. ”Hi all. Sorry to be late to the party. Callsign is Gnat.” He concentrates and lets his eyes adjust to the astral. Taking a much needed moment, Nat looks at the goons. Using his assensing, he checks over the goons. If there is a mage, that is his target. With an exhale, He draws his Colt Government as he exits his car.


Initiative 11 + 2d6 = [roLL]2d6>4[/roll]
Free = CHANGE LINKED DEVICE MODE - start smartlink
Simple = switch perception
Complex = assensing = [roLL]13d6>4[/roll]

User avatar
SARGE
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by SARGE »

Sarge hears the sound of a vehicle approaching and then the engine cuts out. Not wearing comms, he is pleased to see a friendly face come into the doorway of the establishment.

The eight foot tall human, yells towards the door, "Hey Chummer @Nathanial Deeogorge. Its been a long while since we last pushed you off the Rez. Where you been keeping yourself."

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Muppet Man »

Code: Select all

Don't push me, 'cause I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from going under
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <2221:30/2075-01-05> ROUND 2
//Weather: <Heavy Downpour, 5.6C, Wind SE 22kph, feels like 0C>
//Air Quality: <Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 3>
"It's okay Stooby, I got this," Joeby said, though he was staring at the ground, shifting his feet.

"Damn well better. This is big time. This is us making it big. Don't screw this up by being a wimp," Stooby, who was much larger and full of bravado. Both are dressed like Barrens gang rats, but of no particular affiliation. Stooby shrugs on an armored jacket and racks his Predator with the grace learned form a trideo star. "You with a real deck and the mage we got, we're gonna impress these guys, and then big time. This is our shot. Nothin' can stop us. Got it, Joeby?"

"Right, I got it."

"Let's go find Crank, we've got us a geek to catch."


When things start to happen, and they happen fast, a wave of confusion passes over the goons faces. They expected a group of average joe customers in the store. People who would cower and give them what they wanted at the flash bangs and big guns. To be met instead by a fully armed, professional runner team was not even in the realm of imagination. To these guys, they were alphas. To find out in less than five seconds just how wrong that is, it is enough to make one panic.

Only one of the goons has the time to panic properly.

Secure in his giant toilet, Tulpa does what he does best, he sneaks around the matrix. It might piss some people off to realize their adversary is better equipped but inept. Those are conditions that Tulpa is faced with. He is able to quickly place two marks on the personal icon also sneaking around the Stuffer Shack's matrix. With the persona tagged, Tulpa locates the other hacker in meatspace: and lo! he's literally right next to the troll size port-a-pooper. He was more than likely the "thump" Tulpa heard a few seconds ago.

What separates a "real" runner from a wannabe? One thing is speed. Mulpa is fast, and rockets off through the goo towards the group of goons, unaffected by their flash bangs or intimidating entry. He's still covered in goo though.

Another thing that separates the real runner from the masses, a lack of pointless bravado. Displaying that and a seeming heroic streak, Shrike leaps out to the way to cover behind the desk. He hits lands with grace and pulls the helpless clerk to the ground. From the ground he notices a nice Defiance T-250 on a rack right under the counter. The clerk does not struggle and willingly lets himself be saved.

The speakers in the store crackle to life, a voice, brimming with pride, the pride of someone who just achieved something neither he or is peers expected him to accomplish. "Stooby, the geek is in the bathroom!"

Hearing the commotion inside, Gnat takes a moment while still on the outside to switch his perception modes. He sees one mage, powered up and ready to go. The mage is a dwarf, he is slightly less powerful than Gnat in terms of raw magic potential. He seems to have an addiction, and he's in bad shape over it.

That all happens in a nice simple, one two three. But as everyone else starts to react, it turns into a mess. Wraith shoots and hits, twice probably. Mulpa makes aggressive contact with the dwarf mage, seriously bringing the hurt. Behind the counter, Shrike draws his gun and prepares for the offense which he then perpetrates against the goon with the AK. Said Goon panics and fires a lot of bullets in the direction of poor Shrike, Mulpa and Vern.
Mulpa: resist 2 hits, Shrike: 1 hit + damage 10P -2AP
Bullets naturally tear through food stuffs and cheap consumer products. Green, sticky, fizzy powder explodes from overhead covering Shrike and Vern. It is kind of like Pop-Rocks, but it is reacting to the air and snapping and crackling. The powder seems to almost have an electrostatic charge and gets EVERYWHERE.

Even if the other goons are just goons, the dwarf might have real runner potential. He runs away. He throws out an
ice sheet
at his feet while diving out the window. So now Gnat gets to see the Hare Shaman flop unceremoniously onto the street.

With the dwarf no longer in Sarge's sight, his spell affects the remaining two goons. Or maybe not both of them. While the goon with the Predator falls to the mind control spell, the goon with the AK, however, somehow manages to resist! Before falling to Sarge's spell, the goon shouts, "Joeby, get the geek!"

Mr AK is riddled with bullets from the large pistols carried by Shrike and Wraith. It's not pretty. While armor vest the goon is wearing absorbs a lot of the damage, there is no way anyone could survive that volley. He hangs like a puppet (ironic, he's not the puppet, that's the other goon!) for moment, almost like he's willing his body to move and dominate. But he fails, and falls to the ground, the assault rifle falling from his hands and skidding across the ice sheet towards the video games.

What do you do?

Conditions
  • Begin Intiative Round 2
  • Post actions for all initiative passes
  • Goon 2 is out/dead, Goon 1 is controlled by Sarge, Goon 3 is gone (unless you give chase)
  • Green goo is -1 to physical dice pools
  • Shrike is covered in weird electrostatic fizzing powder, -1 dice pool for anything requiring concentration
  • Visibility: Light Smoke -1
  • Map Grid is approx. 1m
  • Red box is Bushwacker, Purple box is Gnat


Image
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Mulpa »

Defense Roll 5 Successes
Intuition+ Reaction (5+2); -3 due in Melee, +2 due Running... so 6 dice
  • 6d6>4
    • Spending Edge for Reroll of Failures:
      5d6>4
    Result: 5 Successes. Wow.
Keeping an eye on the AK wielding Poser, Mulpa knows just when he is moving the aim point over to him and jumps to the side at the perfect time to avoid being hit.

Knowing now that the "Geek" they mean must be Tulpa, Mulpa gets ready to head back to the tweaked out Decker to save him from anyone else heading after him.
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Shadowrun: In Media Res

Post by Bushwack »

Bushwack guns his brand spanking new Trollhammer expertly past the the Dumpsters while he hears gunfire. He is immediately on edge.
4d6+14: [ 1 3 1 5 ] +14 = 24


IP1

He communicates with the team "Sorry for being late to the party chummers, I spotted some 5-0 tailing me a block away and they seemed to want to book me for cruising while being Trog so I had to take it real slow..."

Bushwack's senses are honed by a lifetime on the streets and he thinks he saw a shadow cast by somebody behind the industrial toilet from the tacky neon cast by the Stuffer Shack front, he swerves to his right and approaches slowly to take a closer look.
14d6: [ 4 5 5 5 6 2 4 4 4 2 6 3 3 5 ]


IP2
He activates his spurs with a free action. It cost him a pretty penny to make those spurs look like a bear claw but in the shadows style is not everything; its the only thing
If he spots somebody he drives over there intending to blind them with his headlights
14d6>4: [ 1 1 3 5 1 3 5 5 2 2 1 3 5 6 ] = 5

If he doesn't spot anybody he takes an easy left turn and takes the Trollhammer through the ajar door
14d6>4: [ 1 1 3 5 1 3 5 5 2 2 1 3 5 6 ] = 5


IP3
If there is somebody hiding behind the toilet Bushwack, hmm Bushwacks him/her a non-lethal(sweep) clothesline from his cyberspur
16d6>4: [ 1 1 3 5 6 3 6 4 3 2 2 4 3 2 3 5 ] = 4
(defender has -1 dice, troll reach). He packs a wallop
16 damage+net succeses AP-2 (non lethal due to his martial arts technique

If he took the other path he he continues to drive through the shop
10d6>4: [ 3 5 1 4 1 4 2 3 2 3 ] = 1

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


Locked