Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Adventure topics for this game go here!
User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Muppet Man »

Soundtrack wrote: This ain't no guitar, bitch, this a Glock (Woo)//My Glock told me to promise you gon' squeeze me (Woo)
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <2243:30/2075-01-05> Combat Over
//Weather: <Heavy Downpour, 5.6C, Wind SE 22kph, feels like 0C>
//Air Quality: <Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 3>
Bushwack and Shrike shadow a few meters behind Tulpa and Mulpa, watching out as the nerd goes to work.

The troll is reasonably quiet, and doesn't seem to set of any warnings. Neither does the elf stalking nearby. Shrike is focused on his teammates, so he misses the small splash of a small foot amongst the noise of the rain. Bushwack though, locks on to the sound, something is approacing from the north side of the warehouse.

Mulpa and Tulpa work quickly to access the lock's internal systems. No problem, and Tulpa is jacked in. It's not a complex system. It appears as if he's on a local grid that contains only the warehouse complex. Each building is a host and each one looks like a box with a simple padlock icon on the outside. Not even a rendered interpretation of a shipping crate. Just a "default*" color box. It's barely a system...but Tulpa's knowledge of the Matrix assures him that it is not connected actively to the Aztec grid. Tulpa is jacked directly into the current warehouse's host. Inside, the system's iconography is just as basic. There a few nodes that are currently offline with giant padlocks, but he can see the light controller and the door controllers. The doors don't even have a padlock, just simple latch. It is connected to the main geid though, so it will likely send a signal to someone if the door is opened. The lights are connected to motion sensors and some other weird device that looks maybe like a stun baton with a chicken printed on it. The padlocks on the lights are not very big, but there are six of them. There is only one connection point for the motion sensor (disabling it once will affect all the lights) and one connection for the chicken-stick. The lights are connected back to the main system through the motion sensor. The doors and the lights aren't connected, their connections to the monitor will have to attacked correct.

Simple right?

*Almost all 3d software have some sort of default color, that's what this is!
Image

What do you do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Wraith »

Location: Within the warehouse complex
Condition: lightly bruised (3 Stun, -1CM)

Wraith hangs back for a minute s Tulpa and the others move forward, keeping a rear-guard - though they had spotted one of the canines earlier, she is pretty sure that there were two, if not more. Not seeing any of them has her more than a little concerned.

Once there is some space between herself and the rest of the group, Wraith begins to move forward as well, cautiously and carefully, using cover and shadows as much as she can for stealth purposes. One of her Guardians still in hand, the young elf continues to survey the courtyard for those hounds.

Dice rollings
Sneak (12 Dice): 12d6>4

Perception (Visual, 11 Dice): 11d6>4

Perception (Audio, 11 Dice): 11d6>4
Shrike wrote:"We need to distract the dog lest it take a bite out of Tulpa. If it spots him, put it down quickly and quietly. Anybody got anything that can do that, speak up now, else silenced weapons only, preferably non-lethal ammo."
Licking her rain-slick lips, Wraith cocks her head at Shrikes' words, but before she has a chance to respond, Bushwack chimes in with his usual bravado, drawing a smile from the elf. After another quick glance around, Wraith refocuses on the comm-chatter. "I have not seen anything yet; <Tashika> - I am certain that I heard two different animals, however."

Wraith glances up to the sky, shielding her eyes from the rain with her free hand. 'Fuck this rain! Why in the hells did I come to Seattle when I could have gone home?' she growls at herself, soggy tail curling against her thigh now. With the breeze coming off of the Sound dropping the temperature further, the waifish young woman is having to fight off shivering, even with the water-resistant jacket.

"<Su'imasen>," Wraith starts, clearing her throat softly. "I can move into position to meet the contact if none of the guard animals show up," the elf offers, creeping northwards slowly as before.

Dice rollings
Sneak (12 Dice): 12d6>4

Perception (Visual, 11 Dice): 11d6>4

Perception (Audio, 11 Dice): 11d6>4
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Bushwack »

"I hear someone or something approaching on the north side of the warehouse. Small feet. I will investigate with Wraith. Distract if possible. Neutralise if needed."

Bushwack sounds off. Every word is stressed individually and the sentence doesn't flow from his mouth. It makes no sense until you get the ping from the commlink. Bushwack spoke slowly so his cheap commlink wouldn't have problems in converting it to text for the benefit of Mulpa in VR.

The text comes with timestamp and estimated location of the guard, dog or other unsub chum.

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Mulpa »

"I can
Perception (11+2 Visual)
  • Perception 13: 13d6>4
Tulpa's back while he is in. The rest of you find the contact and take care of meeting the contact."

Pulling his silenced pistol out, Mulpa scans for any visible dangers.
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Tulpa
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Tulpa »

This place is not where I want to be operating. ”This is the most bare bones network I have ever seen. The buildings are on separate grids!” Tulpa shakes his head as he continues to poke around in the Matrix. He growls.”There seems to be some minimal security here. Some motion detectors and something else I can’t quite identify.” Not to mention the other buildings. Times running out Tulpa. Think. ”I might be able to cause a diversion.” Tulpa says out loud, more to himself than to Mulpa, but he lets the idea stand. Beyond the dog and our target, how many more players are in the warehouse yard?

Tulpa eyes the offline nodes with suspicion. How do you turn on? ”Im disabling the alarms on the doors to this building. I’m also going to deal with the motion sensors.” I hope.

Tulpa gets to work.

15d6>4
: 8 Successes
8d6>4
: 4 Successes
8d6>4
(To Mark the motion sensors): 3 Successes
6d6>4
(To disable to motion sensors and remove their trigger to the lights): 1 Success
8d6>4
(To mark the doors): 2 Successes
6d6>4
(To remove the trigger on the door): 4 Successes
8d6>4
(To put a mark(s) on the electric robot chicken): 2 Successes
Street Cred: 0 | Notoriety: 2
Perception: 7 [9] (No modifiers)

Body: 3
Armor: +11 (+2 w/ Ballistic Mask)
Dodge: +1
Parry: +1

Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 9

Attack: 0 |Sleaze: 6 (+2 programs)
Data Processing: 2 | Firewall:2
Device Rating: 2 | Matrix DR: 4
Noise Reduction: 3 (+1[+2/-1] programs + dongle)

Active Programs: N/A (Datajack Plus: Signal Scrub, Smoke-and-Mirrors, Stealth)
Active Dongle: Reciever

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Muppet Man »

Soundtrack wrote: So me put in work, work, work, work, work, work//When you ah gon' learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <2244:30/2075-01-05> Combat Over
//Weather: <Heavy Downpour, 5.6C, Wind SE 22kph, feels like 0C>
//Air Quality: <Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 3>
Wraith slips past Bushwack, Tulp, and Mulpa like a...wraith, and approaches the corner of the warehouse in near silence. Bushwack follows along behind, quietly enough, but he looks like a clumsy kid tiptoeing past their parents in comparison to the elf. With care, they peak around the corner to see what could be the source of the suspicious noise.

They see the warehouse office building, where their target should hopefully be. They also see a large black dog staring intently at the northern wall. Its ears are locked in that direction, and it is snuffing softly. The glow of its red eyes is visible. As they watch a second dog carefully stalks through the rain and puddles to stand next to its companion. With a head dip from the second dog, they both start slowly walking northward, pausing every few steps to sniff the air or listen. They hear something.

Meanwhile, Mulpa covers the area near the large warehouse door, making sure there are no surprises to jolt the team's decker out of his special world. Currently, all is clear in the meatworld. But it does occur to him that he and Tulpa are about as far from any of their more mystically inclined team at the moment. The troll adept is sneaking up to bruise some pups alongside the elf assassin, and the bear shaman is guarding the retreat with the other elf assassin. On paper protecting the exit is a good thing.

Tulpa is not worried about any of that right now, lost in the consensual hallucination of the Matrix. Even if it is one of the most shitty, broke-ass pathetic excuses for a host he has ever seen. Quickly, and more importantly, quietly, Tulpa takes over the various devices in his target area. He isn't as his most elegant when disabling the motion sensors and light triggers, but he gets it done. His activities against the controlling programs for the doors are much more his expert hacker style. He figures out what the chicken sticks are, kind of. There are two doors amongst all the others with particularly interesting labels: Cockatrice Release 1 and Cockatrice Release 2. As he tries dig into their programming, this is a trigger for a shock stick. Unfortunately his attempt to mark these particular items do not succeed. But no alarms go off and no swaggering Patrol IC or worse comes around the virtual corner.

Despite that,
Mark Motion Sensors: 1 mark, Disable Lights: success, Mark Doors: 2 marks, Remove Triggers: success, Chicken doors: fail, receive mark


Note: grids are 1m, but pogs are not to scale.
Image
Image

What do you do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Wraith »

Location: Within the warehouse complex
Condition: lightly bruised (3 Stun, -1CM)
GM wrote:They see the warehouse office building, where their target should hopefully be. They also see a large black dog staring intently at the northern wall. Its ears are locked in that direction, and it is snuffing softly. The glow of its red eyes is visible. As they watch a second dog carefully stalks through the rain and puddles to stand next to its companion. With a head dip from the second dog, they both start slowly walking northward, pausing every few steps to sniff the air or listen. They hear something.
"<Ni-biki->... ah, two dogs here. They seem interested in something to their north, beyond the wall," Wraith speaks up (so to speak) on the comms, shooting a brief look to Bushwack, checking up on his position, then turning her focus back to the hounds. "Directly between our position and where the contact is. And, uh... they have glowing eyes."

'<Mahou-inu>... what next...' the elf ponders, narrowing her eyes as she continues to observe the hounds. Shifting her stance carefully, Wraith looks back to Bushwack, making a slightly exaggerated shrugging motion. >>I am open to suggestions?<< she sends to him, text-ly.
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Muppet Man »

TIME STAMP wrote: //Time: <2244:35/2075-01-05> Combat Over
Given Wraith's interest in small unit and security tactics, she makes a few well-informed assumptions about the situation at hand. Add in her enhanced hearing, and she has an idea of what's got the dogs' attention.

Quite simply, another runner team is about to breach the wall, probably with a ladder (given the sounds) and shock-proof pad (assumption). They must be using magic of some sort for concealment (assumption), but clearly don't know that mystically enabled canines are roaming the grounds. Said canines are very aware of this other team.
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Shrike »

Wraith wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm
"<Ni-biki->... ah, two dogs here. They seem interested in something to their north, beyond the wall," Wraith speaks up (so to speak) on the comms, shooting a brief look to Bushwack, checking up on his position, then turning her focus back to the hounds. "Directly between our position and where the contact is. And, uh... they have glowing eyes."
"Sounds like Barghests to me. Nasty little awakened bleeders with abilities guaranteed to make your day an unpleasant one. Do not engage unless you have to. Wraith, Bushwhack, the three of us will head inside to meet the contact. Tulpa, is the door unlocked?" he suggests, voice staying calm and professional.

Shrike makes his way north, initially up the side where everybody else is, before taking a right after the first set of containers. He then heads north again towards the building, keeping as much cover between him and the hounds as possible. If they do spot him, hopefully the thermal dampening on his chameleon suit will hide him from their eyes. He was of course presuming they had thermographic vision, not being an expert on awakened creatures.

User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Wraith »

Shrike wrote:"Tulpa, is the door unlocked?"
Wraith glances back towards where their other teammates are, noting the direction Shrike takes - if it does come down to combat at least one of them will potentially have a flanking position on the doggos. "If there are physical locks I should be able to deal with them," she starts as she refocuses on the dogs. "I have a feeling we are going to have company shortly; I am pretty sure that there is another group on the other side of the north wall, attempting an ingress."
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

Locked