Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Adventure topics for this game go here!
User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Muppet Man » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:15 pm

TIME STAMP wrote: //Time: <2244:45/2075-01-05> Combat Over
Shrike moves into position, quietly moving through the puddles and practically dodging rain drops. He can't hear what the dogs are hearing, but given Wraith's insight and the dogs' reaction, the other elf's assessment seems spot on. Such primitive tactic for breaching a fortification is almost comical, but given the historic success of the simple ladder as a siege tool, maybe it's not so far fetched. Shrike does own a sword...

However, he is only a few meters from the target's building. Tantalizing, even? It doesn't even look that
[ST6/8]
. The walls, like the warehouses, are
[ST10/12]
(heavy gauge, naturally). A physically fit troll might be able to knock the door down. Maybe, who knows? Or a skilled decker could just
(5 success, 4 rounds before alarm)
.

Wraith doesn't hear Shrike's movements of course! She does hear the movement on the other side of the wall, subtle, but definitely working on something. The dogs start slowly moving forward.


Image
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Tulpa
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:56 pm

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Tulpa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:24 am

Wraith wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm
"<Ni-biki->... ah, two dogs here. They seem interested in something to their north, beyond the wall," Wraith speaks up (so to speak) on the comms, shooting a brief look to Bushwack, checking up on his position, then turning her focus back to the hounds. "Directly between our position and where the contact is. And, uh... they have glowing eyes."
Glowing Eyes?”Night vision cybernetics possibly” Tulpa makes sure his pitysol is still in its holster.
Shrike wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:02 pm
"Sounds like Barghests to me. Nasty little awakened bleeders with abilities guaranteed to make your day an unpleasant one. Do not engage unless you have to. Wraith, Bushwhack, the three of us will head inside to meet the contact. Tulpa, is the door unlocked?" he suggests, voice staying calm and professional.
Bargheists? That sounds spooky. ”Not on the building you are looking at- These building are all on their own independent hosts without connection.” He responds irritably. “I have just about full control of the large warehouse, what little use that will give us.”

Tulpa switches to AR and looks over to Mulpa. ”There is not much inside I think. Lets move north with the team. If we need access tot his building systems I have a familiarity with it.” A fine layer of sweat can be seen on the deckers forehead. He will jack out of the warehouses host.

”Bushwack, Wraith, we are approaching from your 6.” He pauses for a moment a she begins approaching the teammates to the north. [color]”If we are expecting company lets complete our objective asap. Lets breach now. Ill deal with any digital evidence after the fact.” Tulpa slips on his own ballistics mask to hide his face.

8d6>4
: 1 SUCCESS
5d6>4
: 0 SUCCESSES
Street Cred: 0 | Notoriety: 2
Perception: 7 [9] (No modifiers)

Body: 3
Armor: +11 (+2 w/ Ballistic Mask)
Dodge: +1
Parry: +1

Composure: 8
Judge Intentions: 9

Attack: 0 |Sleaze: 6 (+2 programs)
Data Processing: 2 | Firewall:2
Device Rating: 2 | Matrix DR: 4
Noise Reduction: 3 (+1[+2/-1] programs + dongle)

Active Programs: N/A (Datajack Plus: Signal Scrub, Smoke-and-Mirrors, Stealth)
Active Dongle: Reciever

User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Mulpa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Pulling down the face shield of his helmet and double checking his Ares Predator, Mulpa follows Tulpa,
Perception (13 Visual, Low Light, Thermographic)
  • Perception: 13d6>4
out for the other team that might just be coming up on their rear, but also from the flanks... making sure to check the puddles for possible Invisible persons.

"Following Tulpa and watching our Six. Remember to check the puddles for footprints, in case they have gone invisible."
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Shrike » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:39 am

Slipping through the rain, he reaches the end of the building and stops, hugging the wall. He peers around at the Barghests, noting their attention on the wall to the North. Mentally, he prepares his Ingram Smartgun through his smartlink just in case of trouble.
Tulpa wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:24 am
”Not on the building you are looking at- These building are all on their own independent hosts without connection.” He responds irritably. “I have just about full control of the large warehouse, what little use that will give us.”
Shrike ponders that for a second, considering the possibilities. Security was mostly physical.
"At the moment, not so much, but if a combat starts, it provides tactical possibilities including a place to trap the Barghests. Let's get out of the Barghest's way and any potential fields of fire."

Wraith wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:11 pm
. "If there are physical locks I should be able to deal with them," she starts as she refocuses on the dogs. "I have a feeling we are going to have company shortly; I am pretty sure that there is another group on the other side of the north wall, attempting an ingress."

"Let's keep this subtle chummers. Let the Barghests deal with this other group but stay frosty in case they get passed them.
Wraith, Tulpa if one of you can do the honours and open the door we need, that would be sound. If you can't manage it, Bushwack, that door doesn't look that solid. Between the two of us, we should be able to force it easily enough, but let's make that option C. Option B is to go up high and try to find another entrance. Move to the door and open it, whilst I provide overwatch as you move."

Mulpa wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:10 pm
"Following Tulpa and watching our Six. Remember to check the puddles for footprints, in case they have gone invisible."
"Good call, though judging by the subtlety of this other group, that would more likely imply a third group. Thankfully, they will hit the same issues getting inside as us." because more trouble is what this job needs.


As the rest of the team move, Shrike has his Ingram readied, aiming at the Barghests in case they turn on them. Otherwise he will let them remain occupied with the attempted ingress on the north wall


perception 6d6>4
sneaking 11d6>4
tHermaL dampening 4d6>4

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Muppet Man » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Soundtrack wrote: Watchin', I keep waiting, still anticipating love//Never hesitatin' to become the fated ones
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <2245:15/2075-01-05> Combat Over
//Weather: <Heavy Downpour, 5.6C, Wind SE 22kph, feels like 0C>
//Air Quality: <Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 3>
Moving on from their hacking job, Mulpa and Tulpa inch their way up towards Wraith and Bushwack. It seems like a tense moment. One where any stray sound could tip a tense moment into a chaotic and perilous situation.

First noise that shatters the momentary calm is a subtle clank or thud as a blanket shape flops over the top of the wall at the north end of the compound. Mulpa's thoughts on watching puddles for splashes pays off. He can see the splashes as the opposing runner group land in the many puddles, and the "woof" of air as someone lands off balance. In total, he counts four distinct landings, probably four people. None of them are bigger than a human or a small ork. At least, those are the ones he noticed. Shrike does not pick out the individual landings or get a good count of the situation, but he definitely hears the noises and knows multiple targets have landed. Tulpa notices that things are now in motion. Bushwack and Wraith do not see much.

The dogs respond immediately and vector towards one of the targets with great speed. They seem focused on the newcomers.

Until Tulpa steps awkwardly into a puddle. One of the dogs wheels around to stare right at the team hanging out at the corner. Everything about it screams "I'm an Awakened critter". Red eyes. Jet black fur. It almost steams in the rain. It arcs its neck towards the sky and howls.

A moment later, Mulpa hears as light metallic clack, like a door opening. Then a slight rhythmic thrumming building almost to a whine.
Pre-Combat Round
Combat time has not started. Please set up for a fight here!
Note: Mulpa and Tulpa are at the location of Bushwack and Wraith. You can't see the new bad guys yet.
Image
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Bushwack » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:05 am

"Stay behind, I will take care of the poodle, silently and without killing it. If you got'em activate your sound dampers and what not and brace yourselves. This pup's bark is worse then its bite".

Bushwack grins widely and confidently with his soaked cigar in his mouth, activates the spur as a weapon focus and jogs in front of the rest of the group barefoot in ghd puddles of rain the fringes of his gi getting soaked, ready to explode into a charge.

"Who's a good little doggy..... Yes, you are..."

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Wraith » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:00 pm

Location: Warehouse area
Status: Wet, lightly bruised (3 stun, -1CM)
Shrike wrote:"Let's keep this subtle chummers. Let the Barghests deal with this other group but stay frosty in case they get passed them.
Wraith, Tulpa if one of you can do the honours and open the door we need, that would be sound. If you can't manage it, Bushwack, that door doesn't look that solid. Between the two of us, we should be able to force it easily enough, but let's make that option C. Option B is to go up high and try to find another entrance. Move to the door and open it, whilst I provide overwatch as you move."
A slight smile from the foxelf as she carefully moves forward and then right, moving along the building towards their target. "<Mochiron>, subtle is my middle name," she replies in a low tone. Keeping an eye on the barghests, Wraith holsters one of her pistols, keeping a firm grip on the other. "I have lockpicks and a sequencer, this should not take lo-" she continues, then breaks off as the one Bhargest whirls on the group.

At Bushwack's comment, Wraith makes sure that her dampers are active then begins to move forward again, more quickly now - with a timelimit, she feels that getting to the contact is more important, and figures the others can deal with the threat.

Sneak, if it matters: 12d6>4
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Mulpa » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:21 am

"Tulpa, hide in the crane's base. it may protect you from the other Runners and the Hounds. I will follow you there and keep an eye out for those Runners. Sounds like four Runners came over the fence, but it did not sound like any Trolls among them. Also sounds like a door just opened... hope it wasn't the 'Chicken Coop'. I also think that I may have heard a chain gun or something similar getting up to speed."

With that, Mulpa turns on his left Shock Glove, and holds his silenced Ares Predator in his right as he double check his Goggles are set best for scanning for the Invisible Runners, and that his helmet's Smartlink is tuned into the Predator.
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Shrike » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:57 am

perception 6d6>4 vision enHancement addition to perception 3d6>4

initiative 10+3d6


As things start happening, Shrike's wired reflexes kick in and his perceptions slow down. His vision enhancement enables him to zoom in around the area in front of the Barghests trying to spot the new arrivals. If he can spot one, his silenced Ingram will spit a burst at them. Even if he doesn't hurt them, the noise that they make will hopefully gain the attention of both Barghests.

automatics\u00201d6\u003E4

"Wraith, the priority is the job. Get inside, we'll join shortly!"

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Shadowrun: It's the Joint

Post by Muppet Man » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:50 pm

Soundtrack wrote: I'm countin' my bullets, I'm loadin' my clips//I'm writin' down names, I'm makin' a list//I'm checkin' it twice and I'm gettin' 'em hit//The real ones been dyin', the fake ones is lit//The game is off balance, I'm back on my shit
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <2245:30/2075-01-05> Combat round 1
//Weather: <Heavy Downpour, 5.6C, Wind SE 22kph, feels like 0C>
//Air Quality: <Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 3>
Bushwack, Wraith, Mulpa and Shrike react quickly, taking decisive action, apparently informed by their professionalism and experience in the shadows.

Wraith is hampered somewhat by her lack of awareness of the invisible threats, but she is more than aware of the visible ones-two large and likely magical hounds steaming in the rain a few meters away. She makes herself small, reducing her signature with tech and skill. As she stalks off towards the target, no one shoots or attacks her. A good start.

Maybe Wraith sneaking away seemed like the least of anyone’s worries. There’s a brash troll antagonizing everyone. Nothing says “focus on me, I’m big and scary” like a troll with a cigar. It works too. One dogs area to cautiously move towards Bushwack. There’s a bit of a crackle in the air too, a sizzle maybe. The dogs eyes are flaring.

Nearby, Mulpa gets a solid fix on the opposing runner team. He can’t make out details through his goggles, but he has four targets clearly in view.

The other dog starts to circle the four runners as the begin moving towards the warehouse office.

Shrike breaks the tension with gunfire. He thought he spotted one of the invisible enemies, his burst of automatic weapon's fire grabs everyone's attention. He does not make contact, but his attack caused one of the opposition to drop his spell as he dives for cover. The newly revealed runner is dressed much like Shrike's team: black jumpsuit festooned with gear, head cover with goggles, tactical webbing and a small backpack, a full size battle rifle. Interestingly he was no where near Shrike's shots.

The wine continues to increase in pitch. Though the volume isn't unbearable, it is loud enough for everyone to hear. Now that he's not jacked into the Matrix, Tulpa recognizes the noise: a rotodrone's dual-rotating blades spinning up to lift off.

Combat Round! Roll initiative!!!
Combat time HAS started!
The token labeled Rifle Guy is the runner that popped into visibility from Shrike's shot, which was targeted at the red "x". The orange "x's" are the locations Mulpa identified as the other runners.

Image

What are you doing?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

Post Reply