Chapter One: Redundant Code

Adventure topics for this game go here!
User avatar
Stygge
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Stygge »

♫ Why are we waiting, oh why are we waiting? ♫

This is the thought that has kept coming back to Stygge over and over ever since she parked her motorcycle in this parking garage, and every time it has been less and less tuneful. The only thing for her to do until the others arrive is
Perception rolls:
  • Visual: 11d6>4
  • Audio: 11d6>4
  • Olfactory: 8d6>4
for any trouble that wants to rear its ugly head. Either that or watch the top 10 biggest curbstomps in combat biking this year, a trid that her Maersk Spider had recommended to her. Then again, she has a pretty good idea which moments would've been selected for that trid.

Stygge had already connected her more important stuff to her Spider before leaving the shop. For now, that meant both her guns, her motorcycle and its (currently retracted) gun, her van back at base, and all her cyberware. For now, she has a bit of wiggle room and a bit of protection from hackers, but she knows she will need to upgrade to a new console at some point.

Suddenly, a message flashes in her vision. It's the dwarf who hired her for this job. Sounds like the squad's coming in hot. Not much more waiting now. Stygge sends a reply to the dwarf's message:

You got enough wheels for everyone or do I need to call in Meggy?

Sure, there's a nearby SUV the team will be using for transport, but will everyone fit in it? And if not, will some of them have had the foresight to bring their own sets of wheels? The elf hopes so.
Perception:
  • Visual: 11 since vision enhancement in cybereyes has wireless mode on
  • Audio: 11 since audio enhancement in cyberears has wireless mode on
  • Otherwise: 8
Commlink messages in this colour

User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Mulpa »

Bushwack wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:02 pm
@Mulpa over Comms

"Snap a pic of him, maybe he is a known quantity to our employer and of interest to her"
Picture taken and transmitted. Time to move on, we want to leave the area before Lonestar tries to include us in their Intervention.
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Muppet Man »

Soundtrack wrote:
What drives you on//Can drive you mad//A million lies to sell yourself//Is all you ever had
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <2218:00/2075-01-14> Combat round OVER
//Weather: <Light Fog, Light Rain, 6.3C, Wind W 3kph, feels like 6C>
//Air Quality: <Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.8>
Bushwack

Bushwack doesn't move more than a few kph maybe 20 tops, but he makes quick progress nonetheless. Shoving and bashing and driving over anything in his way goes about as well as he could desire. He hears the repeated barking of a shotgun behind him. Looking back, he sees Rude close by, slotting shells into a Remington Roomsweeper. The big gun looks small in the troll's hand. The next time Bushwack looks back Rude is a little further behind. The troll sam stiff-arms his way through a gaggle of gangers from both sides, scattering them to the side.

When he emerges from the other side of the melee, Bushwack gets a message, "I'm taking a short cut, boss knows I'm on the way."

He can see two elves on the motorcycle up ahead. His two elves. Followed a moment later by the rest of the group on foot.


Shrike, Wraith, Mulpa, Tulpa, MacFear
From the motorcycle, the two elves can get a quick view of the situation, though it seems like the most direct route to the parking garage is blocked by heavy construction (as in, not the sort of thing someone sets up for an ambush, but actual real civil engineering work! A wonder in this day and age. Probably because it is right in front of an important corporate or government building).

"Mulpa, can your decker find out where Lonestar or other security forces are? This should have hit their radar buy now," Yu asks Mulpa calmly as they jog down the street. The request was made outloud, so @Tulpa can easily hear the request.

Crossing the intersection they all get a good view at the explosive violence happening at the end of the block. It doesn't due to focus on it, the wannabe Trogs are not letting anyone go.

The elf on the rooftop ducks back behind the parapet. One of the drones remains visible.

As the group, first Wraith and Shrike, followed by the group on foot, cross the street and move to a new block they see that the brawl is limited and does not spill out into the other streets. At least not yet.

Following the rough suggested by Mulpa's mapsoft, the group avoids more trouble, at least for now.

Two minutes later, Shrike and Wraith arrive at the parking structure entrance. Three minutes later, the rest of the "team" reach the garage structure.

Stygge

We have our ride, feel free to negotiate with the support group. They may need your services. ETA to your pos in three minutes." Zipfile replies. "Watch our back until we get out of the garage and onto the street, then you can deal with the other runners. We'll transmit your nuyen as soon as we're away." She gets a contact info card for a dwarf guy with a note, "talk to this guy".

Stygge can hear the dull roar of a large brawl nearby. She was not apprised of the exact meet location, but putting two and two together is easy enough.

Two minutes later, a motorbike carrying two elves rolls up to the garage. Stygge can see a larger group, including her employer, trotting along on foot.
Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement
Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2
Scone Factory Aerial View:
Image
Image
The red line is the stopped traffic. The purple box is the Spike-related people, the blue is the Ancients. The X is he car.


What are you doing?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Shrike »

As the violence erupts around them, Shrike keeps his mind focused on the task at hand

"The star won't be interested in us right now, so let's get moving.
Muppet Man wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:38 pm
From the motorcycle, the two elves can get a quick view of the situation, though it seems like the most direct route to the parking garage is blocked by heavy construction (as in, not the sort of thing someone sets up for an ambush, but actual real civil engineering work! A wonder in this day and age. Probably because it is right in front of an important corporate or government building).
Actually doing work for a change. That has to be an accident. Still, it's a barrier, so new route needed. He flicks up his mapsoft installed in his skillwire and picks out an alternate route. "Hang on!" he tells Wraith as he shoots off.
Muppet Man wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:38 pm
As the group, first Wraith and Shrike, followed by the group on foot, cross the street and move to a new block they see that the brawl is limited and does not spill out into the other streets. At least not yet.

Following the rough suggested by Mulpa's mapsoft, the group avoids more trouble, at least for now.

Two minutes later, Shrike and Wraith arrive at the parking structure entrance. Three minutes later, the rest of the "team" reach the garage structure.
"Got a vehicle in the parking garage. Please confirm what vehicle you are expecting please?" Shrike calls the other group as they are moving up. Provided the details match, he confirms that it is the same vehicle.

User avatar
Stygge
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Stygge »

As Stygge hears the fighting going on elsewhere, she ponders the message her employer gave her. If the big vehicle near her is just for the one team, the odds of the others needing additional transport just got higher than this rigger liked. Having to bring the van in on such short notice means delays, which means either boredom or vulnerability. She has to find out about the situation from this Mulpa as soon as possible. She sends a message to him, part of which is just copied from her message to her employer.

A little birdie told me you could use some assistance. You got enough wheels for everyone or do I need to call in Meggy?

Of course, Stygge still has to complete her primary mission by making sure the drek doesn't hit the fan at the last minute. Or cleaning it up if it does. When she sees the squad coming in, she starts up her motorbike. She will follow their transport at a safe distance until it's out of her hair, and then as long as everything goes smoothly, she will return to her previous spot.
Perception:
  • Visual: 11 since vision enhancement in cybereyes has wireless mode on
  • Audio: 11 since audio enhancement in cyberears has wireless mode on
  • Otherwise: 8
Commlink messages in this colour

User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Wraith »

Location: Tacoma, UCAS
Condition: Healthy if wet

Wraith does her best to ignore the brawl as they speed away - they aren't involved, and don't plan to get involved so she focuses on keeping eyes out ahead and to the sides for potential danger. Fortunately, there isn't any; the construction project has the foxelf suspicious for a few moments, but they are past it quickly enough.

Once she and Shrike are inside the parking garage Wraith allows herself to relax at least a little bit, though coming up on a stranger does keep her at least somewhat on guard. Not drawing any weapons, no need to come across as needlessly hostile, the foxelf none the less eyes the unfamiliar female figure cautiously but curiously.

"I am not seeing immediate <ikekuteki>-... ahhh, threats," Wraith comments over the group voice-chat. "Female, possibly elf or human - I cannot see her face. Are we expecting anyone?"

Leaning back ever so slightly from Shrike, the foxelf raises a hand to make a polite gesture to the unknown person. "<Konbanwa>," Wraith starts, keeping her tone friendly yet neutral. "Pleasant day for a ride, is it not?" she continues while offering a smile; while addressing the woman, the foxelf does her best to wipe rainwater from her face and squeezing some of it out of her hair, which she currently has in a single loose braid down her back. Fortunately, with the way she was sitting her floofy tail mostly preserved its dryness - a soaked tail is one of those things Wraith dreads.

While waiting on a response, Wraith takes a long look around the area they are in, scanning for potential dangers. While keeping an eye on this unknown person, of course!

OOC Comments
Perception rolls
Visual 12d6: 12d6>4
Audio 12d6: 12d6>4
Olfactory 12d6: 12d6>4
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

User avatar
Mulpa
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:11 pm

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Mulpa »

Stygge wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:05 pm
A little birdie told me you could use some assistance. You got enough wheels for everyone or do I need to call in Meggy?
"We were not originally planning on being on the job from here, and would just make our way after what was supposed to be just a meet. If you could arrange transportation ASAP it would be appreciated. I believe they just wanted cover to their transportation, but if things get interesting, we may need that transportation to get them to an area that they would consider safe. We also will need to inspect their transportation, and if it is deemed unsafe, we will need Meggy for transport out of here for the Mr. Johnson."
Mulpa
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: -1

Current Edge: 1/2

Perception: 11 (Thermographic Vision, +2 Vision if Wearing Glasses)
  • Passive Perception 2, With Glasses, Visual Perception 3
Body: 8
Armor: 11 (13 with Helmet)
Dodge: 13
Parry: 13
Composure: 9
Judge Intentions: 8

Ammunition: Shock Gloves 9/10
Predator: 9/15

Platelet Factories

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Bushwack »

When Bushwack arrives at the garage, he parks his Trollhammer to be ready for a quick getaway.

He briefly adresses Yu

"I left Rude, he said we was taking a short cut and seemed on top of things at the moment I left him. I don't second guess pros in the field. You know there is no time for that. Check your commlink. Mulpa sent some pics of some corp suit with drones he spotted. The man was interested in the gang war or in your exit from the bar, unclear which one, if not both. Let us know if he is something we need to know about."

That being said Bushwack scales the garage walls to put himself on top of the structure puffing on his cigar to gain a vantage point from which to spot anyone trying to make an approach to the building.

18d6: [ 1 3 2 3 6 6 3 2 6 6 6 5 2 6 4 6 6 3 ] = 76


11d6>4: [ 2 5 2 4 5 6 5 2 6 4 3 ] = 5


Over comms "I'm on top of the garage and I spot my little eye something beginning with... (to be completed)

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Muppet Man »

Soundtrack wrote:
You're fighting an endless war//Hunting a miracle//And when you reach out for the stars//They just cut you down
TIME STAMP wrote: //Location:Tacoma/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <DOWNTIME : 3 DAYS
//Weather: 5 Day Forecast: Tues: 8C, Overcast; Wed: Showers, 6C, Thu: Snow 1C; Fri: 0C Rain (yes, this happens here, and it's no fun); Sat: 7C Rain
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
Rude is the last one to arrive at the parking garage. It looks like he had grand time. He reloads his shotgun as he approaches the group. "Not enough room to reload back there," he growls. The implication clear that he was enjoying the brawl, his short cut probably involved some murder.

Yu ignores the troll. He addresses Mulpa and MacFear. Mulpa receives a message confirming the
500 nuyen each (including Stygge)
of the bonus funds for the assitence during the escape. Meanwhile the rest of their team piles into the large SUV nearby. "You performed satisfactorily under these circumstances, we look forward to the next assignment," Yu says. With a clipped nod to Mulpa and Macfear he climbs into the SUV and in second they speed off.

That leaves the runners hanging out in a parking garage, one mission completed, another in a few days. What in the Sixth World should they do with all this:
DOWNTIME!?!?!


Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement

Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2


Scone Factory Aerial View:
Image


What are you doing?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Stygge
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Re: Chapter One: Redundant Code

Post by Stygge »

Mulpa wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:44 pm
"We were not originally planning on being on the job from here, and would just make our way after what was supposed to be just a meet. If you could arrange transportation ASAP it would be appreciated. I believe they just wanted cover to their transportation, but if things get interesting, we may need that transportation to get them to an area that they would consider safe. We also will need to inspect their transportation, and if it is deemed unsafe, we will need Meggy for transport out of here for the Mr. Johnson."
When Stygge gets this message, she gives the SUV a (very) quick check for any signs of sabotage. Upon finding nothing unusual, she sends a short response: All good.
Wraith wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:05 pm
"<Konbanwa>," Wraith starts, keeping her tone friendly yet neutral. "Pleasant day for a ride, is it not?" she continues while offering a smile;
Good thing my Japanese hasn't gone completely rusty yet.

"Could've done without the fog," Stygge replies, trying to match the weird-looking elf's level of friendliness, "but at least the roads aren't icy." Her voice sounds a bit rougher than what one might expect for an elf so, with her motorcycle helmet covering her head, the only thing that might clue an observer in is her tall, slender physique - something that would be trickier to spot when she's seated on her motorcycle and wearing an armored jacket over her jumpsuit.

When the rest of the team rolls up, Stygge takes a moment to introduce herself to them. At least, the ones who didn't go climbing up the side of the garage. "The name's Stygge. You need transport, I got transport. And since your Johnson is the generous type, you won't have to worry about your pay getting cut." Although she's trying to keep things cool and somewhat professional, her foot twitches slightly from time to time as her patience starts to dwindle. She's got a lot to do and too little time to do it.
Perception:
  • Visual: 11 since vision enhancement in cybereyes has wireless mode on
  • Audio: 11 since audio enhancement in cyberears has wireless mode on
  • Otherwise: 8
Commlink messages in this colour

Post Reply