Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Adventure topics for this game go here!
User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Wraith »

Location: Puyallup, Seattle Metroplex
Condition: Ok
Broadcasted SIN: <hidden mode, teammates have authorization to see her>

Pressing up against the inside (her side) to the right of the door, Wraith peers 'around the corner' to look into the adjacent room; switching between her three possible visions she studies it carefully, fox ears rotating to hopefully detect unseen movement. The lack of electronic connection has her concerned, given her preference for text or at worst subvocal communications while trying to be sneaky.

Observe in Detail #1
Visual Perception check 12d6
12d6>4

Audio Perception check 12d6
12d6>4

Course, Bushwhacks ... odd behavior as her frowning, tail-fur puffing out in a sign of agitation. "What the hell are you doing?" she growls in a low tone, having taken a moment to glance back in his direction; while Wraith wants to say more, she figuratively bites her tongue, shifting her attention back to the small room beyond. 'Looks like maybe holding cells, or perhaps examination rooms...' she thinks to herself. Nose twitching from the smoke and fox ears tilting back the young woman studies the room for perhaps another ten seconds.

Observe in Detail #2
Visual Perception check 12d6
12d6>4

Audio Perception check 12d6
12d6>4
If nothing is detected visually or audially, Wraith slips through the doorway into the smaller chamber, crossing over to the left side of the doorway, then peering into the adjacent 'cell', to try and get an impression of what it might be.

Description for Death Otter
The figure that comes through the door is relatively small, perhaps five and a half feet tall, and while having a bulky sort of outline moves smoothly, showing agility and grace. At least one firearm can be seen, a heavy pistol in their right hand. Also, the figure has what looks like a tail of some sort, covered in floofy black fur. The figure is clad in dark grey including gloves, the bulk caused by an overly large black jacket and combat boots. Part of their face is covered by a mask that hides everything below the eyes, including nose; this leaves their white hair visible, held back in a tight ponytail. I'm taking into account the smokiness of the room, but more might be visible depending on the resolution of the camera, whether it has low-light capabilities, etc. Also, Wraith would love some cameras that tiny!
Wraith
Current Health Status: 3 Stun boxes (-1CM)
Alyfox#0371 on Discord
Street Cred: 0 Notoriety: 1
Distinctive Style: fox ears, fox tail (both black furred)

Perception: 10 base (+2 to each Audio, Visual, Scent. Low-light, Thermal)

Edge: 2/2 Body: 3 Armor: 8 (9 with forearm guards)
Ranged Defense - (Passive) 9 (Full) 12
Melee Defense - (Passive) 9 (Block) 13 (Dodge) 14 (Parry) 13
Surprise: 9 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 6
Languages Known: English (N), Japanese (N), Mandarin (6), Spanish (6)
Cheap Commlink DR: 1 Pulse Wave Commlink DR: 6
Wireless PAN is through the Pulse Wave
"Dark Blue Text" - Voice-comms
>>Green Text<< Text-based communication
< > Not English

User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Shrike »

Location: Puyallup, Seattle Metroplex
Condition: Ok
Broadcasted SIN: <hidden mode, teammates have authorization to see him>

Stygge wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:58 pm
"You cool with doing the detective work here?" Stygge asks Shrike. "I'll go after those truckers and see if I can't borrow a rig." She climbs into her van and gets ready to jack in. "Ping me if we ain't taking no trailers."
Shrike nods to Stygge before moving over to the trailers. He takes cover at the side, weapon ready.
Muppet Man wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:47 pm
Looking that the trailers, there are no doors or hatches on the sides or bottom. Their might be on top, but Shrike can't see up there at the moment. A drone probably could no problem....

However, the trailer with all the commotion has been knocked to the side enough he could stick is head inside to see. Maybe better yet a mirror or a drone...
He inches to the corner and looks around for anything reflective he can use, be it debris or something he needs to break off.
Going to have to invest in one of those periscope cameras for this sort of situation. If I can see inside, it means I don't have to react in the split seconds my wired reflexes gives me when I breach.
If he can see something usable, he will collect it and then hold it to get a look inside without getting shot or hopefully noticed.

sneaking 9d6>4
perception 6d6>4

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Muppet Man »

TIME STAMP wrote: //Location: Downtown Puyallup/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <1147:32/2075-01-18> Combat round OVER
//Weather: <Heavy Overcast, Light Snow, 1C, Wind N 8kph, feels like -6C>
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
Situational Awareness wrote:
  • Exterior:
    • Factory parking lot: two pairs of "chipheads" approaching trailers, the intention appears to be unhooking the trailers, Shrike and Stygge are in position here
    • City streets: large tractors (as in the tractor in a tractor-trailer rig) are approaching the trailers, but are currently in the street
    • Trucks: two trucks were approaching the entry to the parking lot/loading bay, but are slowing to a stop still on the street
  • Interior:
    • Office Elevator shaft: Bushwack and Wraith are currently breaching the elevator.
    • Hidden basement: four of five Tir operators are visible, all unconscious. The fifth and Mulpa are no where to be seen from this vantage
    • Cell: in the hidden basement are a series of cells, the bomb knocked out the locks, some of them have been pushed open. Approximately 150m from elevator to cell area. The fifth Tir operative and Mulpa are in the cell room. Bomb/EMP fragments are in the hall by the fire door.
    • Factory: suspect five Tir operatives in this building as well.
  • Trailers:
    • Trailer 1: riddled with bullet holes and other damage, full of yelling and other signs of conflict. The other is not active.
    • Trailer 2: no sign of movement inside
INSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT OR IN THE DARK
Interior Scone Factory Secret Sub-Basement:
Image
Bushwack gets the the violent and noisy reaction he was (probably) hoping for. Two stim patches are plenty awaken the elf (E3). The elf screams and bucks like a bronco. His hands scrabbling for purchase on the hard floor as he tries to twist around to face his assailant. His face at first is pure anger, screaming in some language, then upon realizing who is staring back at him, he stops struggling and just says, "...the fuck?"

Over the din it is hard for Wraith to hear anything, but she sees Mulpa unmoving on the floor. He is currently acting as a doorstop to the only cell door that is open. He's probably not dead judging by her visual scans. There is no blood. She here's the screaming stop, and there's a moment of quiet.

In that moment of quiet, she hears the slightest scuffing of fabric on concrete from the cell right behind Mulpa. Someone is in there.

For Death Otter, it's a slightly disconcerting situation. First troll noise, then screaming, then silence. Her camera shows a fox-eared elf very cautiously entering the room.


OUTSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
General Area of Scone Factory
Image
Interior of Semi-Trailer
Image
Combat for Stygge and Shrike: No need for more initiative passes, you guys have knocked out everyone worth knocking out.
The scene inside the trailer is easy for Shrike to take in at just a glance, even using a shard of chrome as a mirror. The interior of the trailer is packed wall to wall with equipment, probably high end matrix or computer hardware. There are at least four of the elf special forces types dead or dying scattered about. A fifth seems to be still alive, but with only enough strength to moan pathetically as her intestines are slowly ripped out by a huge cyborg. The 'borg is looking at the guts like they are a miraculous and wondrous thing, never seen or even thought of before. Childlike. It moves on and pulls other things out. Blood spatters the walls as its monstrous metal hand crushes an organ.

It is not aware of Shrike, too caught up in its discovery.

On an otherwise ill fated run, Stygge is the only one with some luck. The truckers waiting to load up concrete or drop of raw material have a waiting area, they line up along one of the streets, and much like old-fashioned cabbies, they wander around talking to each other while waiting for a fair.

There are two lines. One line, heading east, is comprised of just the tractors. They will haul the fully loaded automated concrete mixing plants to specific job sites. The other line, heading west, is comprised of rigs with bulk cargo trailers waiting to get into the plant to unload. The drivers are milling about near a little shack with a couple vending machines.

Basically, Stygge just has to choose: trailer or no trailer?


SEVERAL HUNDRED METERS AWAY INSIDE AN ANONYMOUS BUILDING WITH GOOD SIGHTLINE TO A TRAILER SITTING OUTSIDE OF A SCONE FACTORY
The job was to put a big bullet in the brain of a cyborg if the cyborg poked its head out from the trailer sitting in Arthur Dent's virtual cross-hairs. It seemed simple. It WAS simple. But over the last ten minutes a bunch of fuckwads have started messing around with the target area. One just looked into the target trailer.

Nothing ever goes to plan, does it?

INFO:
:arrow:
Truck Routes
Image

Watching the major roads, Stygge notices a pilot car followed by a
Image
, it appears to be following the same route to the factory.
:arrow:
Weather Game Effects
  • Triple travel time anywhere in the Sprawl, with minimum of 1 hour.
  • Getting anywhere requires a piloting/driving check Difficulty 2, if you're from Seattle or Portland, increase difficulty to 3
  • Motorcycles are worse: difficulty 5
  • Visibility: -1 (exterior); Dim Light (-3 visual)
:arrow:
Scone Factory Aerial View
Image
:arrow:
Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject:
    • Legal Name: Charla Ann Dalrymple Media Handle: @CharlDarlBaby Occupation: Media Personality/Influencer
    • Description: Age: 19 Metavariant: Human Skin: Brown Hair: Bald Known Affiliations: Humanis Policlub
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement
Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2
  • Details:
    • Design:
    • Bakery: 4 stories tall, concrete first floor, metal siding upper floors, metal butterfly roof, significant HVAC and other roof penetrations
    • Warehouse: 3 stories stall, concrete walls, flat membrane roof with 2/3rd green roof (as in it's a garden), 2m parapet around roof
    • Office: 3 stories, flat membrane roof w/ 3/4 green roof, 1.5m parapet around roof
    • Parking lot: Asphalt paving, no planters, wheels stops at stalls adjacent to buildings only, 16 streetlights, each with a electric vehicle charging station
    • Landscaping: dirt or lava rock, xeriscape friendly plants around entrance to office. A large above ground concrete utility vault is connected to the office portion. A 1m deep, .5m wide trench follows the north side of the bakery. Covered walkways (metal roofing) connect the buildings
    • Ingress/Egress:
    • Bakery: 4 man doors at street level, 2 upper level door accessed by fire escapes/catwalks, catwalk connects to center portion of roof
    • Warehouse: 2 man doors at street level, 3 lading docks, 1 loading door at ground level, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Office: double entry door on ground floor, two emergency exits, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Fenestration:
    • Bakery: three small windows next to main entry door, clerestory windows on long side at about 30m above the finished grade of the parking lot
    • Warehouse: Main entry door has two sidelites and a transom window, remaining doors have transoms, three square windows at 1.5m above finish grade of the parking lot evenly spaced on each side of the building, six 1.5m x 3m skylights evenly spaced on roof
    • Office: Each floor has floor to ceiling glazing on all sides, glazing is "opaque", several portions of the windows system are operable egress windows
What the frag are you going to do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Death Otter »

WELP, it was looking to be about time. The trouble was that she still wasn't sure if these two were the ones that had let her out of here, or security detail to check on the inmates. They didn't look like security detail, but the troll did seem like he was trying to help the fallen guard(??) out there.

Death Otter didn't want to give away her position by taking, so she concentrated a little and looked just 'under' what her eyes were telling her. An underlayer that would normally be covered in festive, colorful AR artifacts and adverts and all manner of Matrix spam...but here was curiously quiet. The weirdly modified elf's commlink was a little stubborn about it, but it was hard for Otter to miss one of the few wireless signal sources in the room even if it WAS trying to be coy. Under other circumstances a little hacking might be next, but she decided that the situation called for a lighter touch. This time. For now.

Wraith gets an unexpected ping from her commlink as a message arrives. When she checks it, there's a little animated cartoon of an otter with cybernetic implants over half of its head, including a big red cybereye, wearing a dapper tuxedo and doing a little dance. The dance of DIPLOMACY, where COOLER HEADS prevailed!

The text of the message reads, >Hey, foxy. Are you and Trogdor over there WITH the guys peeling people off the street and imprisoning them in hellpits or AGAINST the guys peeling people off the street and imprisoning them in hellpits? Asking for a friend. - l'outre de la morte<

Nailed it.

(OOC - Per chat, Otter is buying enough successes with her Matrix Perception pool to automatically detect Wraith's commlink that's running silent, then sending a commlink message)

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Bushwack »

Bushwack lifts the angry looking elf and props him against the wall

"Want a cigar ? Don't bother reaching for weapons or comms" he points to a bag where all there gear is collected.

"Here is the deal.
Option 1 You tell me what the fuck you are doing here what the fuck this place is and if it doesn't directly seem to fuck with my very limited plans of operations I let you go,with the contents of Santa bag here if it seems plausible enough, I don't think I'm your enemy here but I want to and learn a thing or two.

Option 2: you play the tough silent type and say nothing. I will knock you out and try my slap patches on one of your friends and see if they are smarter. I won't respect you more, sorry.

Option 3 you lie to me, bullshit me, enter into hostilities or you make the mistake of thinking you can take me wounded and unarmed and you disrespect me in the fucking slightest. I will curbstomp you so hard it will hurt for months and I promise the fact the you woke up in Tir commando hospital with a fucking cigar in your butt will mess up your future options... Your reputation as a tough guy will be over and you will imagine the sniggering and gossip for the rest of your miserable life. It's hard to come back from that sort of thing. My advice: Avoid the sarcasm, avoid the irony avoid the sense of entitlement and all these things Tir elves with rainbows out of their butt are known for, for just 5 minutes cooperate and the rest of your life will be better for it and choose option 1. You can plan your revenge after that. My name is Bushwack, here is the card of my fixer."


Extends his hand, smiling for having handled the etiquette just right

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Shrike »

Location: Puyallup, Seattle Metroplex
Condition: Ok
Broadcasted SIN: <hidden mode, teammates have authorization to see him>
Muppet Man wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:23 am
The scene inside the trailer is easy for Shrike to take in at just a glance, even using a shard of chrome as a mirror. The interior of the trailer is packed wall to wall with equipment, probably high end matrix or computer hardware. There are at least four of the elf special forces types dead or dying scattered about. A fifth seems to be still alive, but with only enough strength to moan pathetically as her intestines are slowly ripped out by a huge cyborg. The 'borg is looking at the guts like they are a miraculous and wondrous thing, never seen or even thought of before. Childlike. It moves on and pulls other things out. Blood spatters the walls as its monstrous metal hand crushes an organ.

It is not aware of Shrike, too caught up in its discovery.
Okay, not what I was expecting. Thought there might be hostages or something. Equipment, a soldier and somebody who looks to have gone off the edge with cyberpsychosis.
Shrike, as an ex soldier, felt immediate sympathy for the Elf soldier and brought up his rifle, before he sense checked himself. Gel rounds won't cut it here and if we want to find out what they are after, that equipment is evidence. Maybe make up for not being able to get the client.


Discreetly, he moves back round the corner and swaps out his ammo from gel rounds and switches to explosive rounds. He quickly sends a message to the others.

"We have a psychotic heavily cybered killer butchering Tir soldier out here. "

User avatar
Milk Toast
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:44 pm

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Milk Toast »

Dago stoopid nosey dandelion eatin' treehugger! Yer standin in mah target area! Thet thar's gon cause all kinda tactical problems!
Arthur carefully considered his situation. He only had to eliminate the cyborg. Distance, light, visibility and wind were all compensated. Excellent firing position except for this grass stained spike ear!
He stacked and checked his corners like a pro. Maybe military?
Small Unit Tactics (Urban)
13d6>4 = 2

Bo, you got to move. He said with determination. Hitting the DNI release to his magazine and replacing his APDS rounds for Gel, Arthur lined up a shot exactly three centimeters from the tough-looking elf man's nose with his custom M1A sport rifle. In theory, the military training would move him to cover, the rounds hitting the side of the container would draw out the cyborg, and the lack of holes in the metal would tell the burly guy who he was dealing with.
Ah am a stone. Ah am a stone. Arthur pulled a slow breath and exhaled slower. Then he pulled the trigger spanging two gel rounds off the metal in exactly the same spot. Once to chip the paint and set it up, the second to emphasize accuracy.
SA shot followed by Called Shot: Trick Shot
20d6>4 = 8
16d6>4 = 5

Arthur then quickly reversed the clips back to APDS rounds and lined up a shot at head level just past the door of the container...
Perception: 10 (vision mag, thermographic, flare comp)
Armor: casual 14, combat 21
Composure: 6 Dodge 16 Judge Intentions 8 Surprise 12

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Muppet Man »

TIME STAMP wrote: //Location: Downtown Puyallup/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <1149:30/2075-01-18> Combat round OVER
//Weather: <Heavy Overcast, Light Snow, 1C, Wind N 8kph, feels like -6C>
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
Situational Awareness wrote:
  • Exterior:
    • Factory parking lot: two pairs of "chipheads" approaching trailers, the intention appears to be unhooking the trailers, Shrike and Stygge are in position here
    • City streets: large tractors (as in the tractor in a tractor-trailer rig) are approaching the trailers, but are currently in the street
    • Trucks: two trucks were approaching the entry to the parking lot/loading bay, but are slowing to a stop still on the street
  • Interior:
    • Office Elevator shaft: Bushwack and Wraith are currently breaching the elevator.
    • Hidden basement: four of five Tir operators are visible, all unconscious. The fifth and Mulpa are no where to be seen from this vantage
    • Cell: in the hidden basement are a series of cells, the bomb knocked out the locks, some of them have been pushed open. Approximately 150m from elevator to cell area. The fifth Tir operative and Mulpa are in the cell room. Bomb/EMP fragments are in the hall by the fire door.
    • Factory: suspect five Tir operatives in this building as well.
  • Trailers:
    • Trailer 1: riddled with bullet holes and other damage, full of yelling and other signs of conflict. The other is not active.
    • Trailer 2: no sign of movement inside
INSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT OR IN THE DARK
Interior Scone Factory Secret Sub-Basement:
Image
"Sielle..., pardon. Yes and option one." The elf pauses for a moment, see if the cigar offer was serious or not. "Our mission is blown, so if you can accept that I can't tell you who were working for, I will tell you all I know about this place." If that is satisfactory to Bushwack, he continues. "Simply put, this place, we think, was co-opted by an AI. We were sent to end it if possible. We knew they had magical support of your generic shadowrunner, mercenary type. But we did not expect powerful chaos magic." He pauses again, trying to gauge Bushwack's reaction. "Before we lost contact with our team in the other building, they said they found some prisoners. Look, our intel was spotty apparently, so I'm telling you what I know and saw with my own eyes." He looks at the "Santa Bag" and offers, "I could show you," he taps his eye, "recorded everything since we landed on the roof."

Death Otter doesn't get an immediate response to his friendly gesture. To be expected, probably. But she does here the troll speaking in a brusque and threatening manner. She picks up another voice that is quieter and more refined. Only two words are emphasized enough for her to clearly make out: AI and prisoner.

OUTSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
General Area of Scone Factory
Image
Interior of Semi-Trailer
Image
Combat for Stygge and Shrike: No need for more initiative passes, you guys have knocked out everyone worth knocking out.
A fraction of a second after Shrike swaps out his ammo, there's a SPAK...SPACK on the wall three centimeters from his face. There is a single impact point. Paint is punched in like a hammer blow, but the concrete wall seems barely damaged. Two shots, one impact point, no lead. One could interpret that many ways...


SEVERAL HUNDRED METERS AWAY INSIDE AN ANONYMOUS BUILDING WITH GOOD SIGHTLINE TO A TRAILER SITTING OUTSIDE OF A SCONE FACTORY
The new elf, this one is not in the same milspec outfit as the others that entered the trailer and did not come out, certainly moves like a pro. The way he moves from point to point and how he checks corners has the hallmarks of military training. Chances are he will recognize the trick shot as intentional...

INFO:
:arrow:
Truck Routes
Image

Watching the major roads, Stygge notices a pilot car followed by a
Image
, it appears to be following the same route to the factory.
:arrow:
Weather Game Effects
  • Triple travel time anywhere in the Sprawl, with minimum of 1 hour.
  • Getting anywhere requires a piloting/driving check Difficulty 2, if you're from Seattle or Portland, increase difficulty to 3
  • Motorcycles are worse: difficulty 5
  • Visibility: -1 (exterior); Dim Light (-3 visual)
:arrow:
Scone Factory Aerial View
Image
:arrow:
Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject:
    • Legal Name: Charla Ann Dalrymple Media Handle: @CharlDarlBaby Occupation: Media Personality/Influencer
    • Description: Age: 19 Metavariant: Human Skin: Brown Hair: Bald Known Affiliations: Humanis Policlub
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement
Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2
  • Details:
    • Design:
    • Bakery: 4 stories tall, concrete first floor, metal siding upper floors, metal butterfly roof, significant HVAC and other roof penetrations
    • Warehouse: 3 stories stall, concrete walls, flat membrane roof with 2/3rd green roof (as in it's a garden), 2m parapet around roof
    • Office: 3 stories, flat membrane roof w/ 3/4 green roof, 1.5m parapet around roof
    • Parking lot: Asphalt paving, no planters, wheels stops at stalls adjacent to buildings only, 16 streetlights, each with a electric vehicle charging station
    • Landscaping: dirt or lava rock, xeriscape friendly plants around entrance to office. A large above ground concrete utility vault is connected to the office portion. A 1m deep, .5m wide trench follows the north side of the bakery. Covered walkways (metal roofing) connect the buildings
    • Ingress/Egress:
    • Bakery: 4 man doors at street level, 2 upper level door accessed by fire escapes/catwalks, catwalk connects to center portion of roof
    • Warehouse: 2 man doors at street level, 3 lading docks, 1 loading door at ground level, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Office: double entry door on ground floor, two emergency exits, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Fenestration:
    • Bakery: three small windows next to main entry door, clerestory windows on long side at about 30m above the finished grade of the parking lot
    • Warehouse: Main entry door has two sidelites and a transom window, remaining doors have transoms, three square windows at 1.5m above finish grade of the parking lot evenly spaced on each side of the building, six 1.5m x 3m skylights evenly spaced on roof
    • Office: Each floor has floor to ceiling glazing on all sides, glazing is "opaque", several portions of the windows system are operable egress windows
What the frag are you going to do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Bushwack »

Bushwack grunts and extends his cyberarm to pull the commando to his feet.

"Sorry 'bout the rude awakening chummer. Sometimes the only way to avoid a biting contest is to lay on the barking a bit too thick. Everybody wants to be guy who breaches the door and kicks ass. Those aren't pros, because that's the easy part. The ones that can assess a situation that has gone to drek and recover from there instead of pressing luck they ran out of, those are the ones you want around you. I am happy to see you are one of those and are not wasting time where there is none"

He kicks the bag towards the elf "It's all yours, not mine"

"Who or what got the drop on a team of trained professionals that came fully kitted, and are they still around? And are you making your way back to the chopper or will try to extract the other team first. Is their any real corp behind this or just a rogue AI, what I am asking is, we breached what 5 minutes ago, is HTR coming or not ? "

He puts his back to the elf and tries to revive Mulpa with small slaps to the face

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


User avatar
Stygge
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Stygge »

Nice and easy, Stygge. Nice and easy.

Stygge makes her way towards the eastbound line to commandeer a trailerless tractor. She stays away from the truckers as much as possible, hoping that they'll be
Sneaking: 5d6>4
by their own chatter to notice her.

If Stygge reaches a vehicle unhindered, she locates the rigger interface and jumps in. Compared to the ox-camel that she got when jacked into Meggy, she feels more like an elephant in the truck. She
14d6>4
back to the scone factory-based site of chaos.

If one or more truckers try to stop Stygge, she will have to find the right words to convince them to leave her alone. Or maybe just some words.
Perception:
  • Visual: 11 since vision enhancement in cybereyes has wireless mode on
  • Audio: 11 since audio enhancement in cyberears has wireless mode on
  • Otherwise: 8
Commlink messages in this colour

Post Reply