TIME STAMP wrote:
//Location: Downtown Puyallup/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <1147:30/2075-01-18> Combat round OVER
//Weather: <Heavy Overcast, Light Snow, 1C, Wind N 8kph, feels like -6C>
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
IN THE DARK
Situational Awareness wrote:
- Factory parking lot: two pairs of "chipheads" approaching trailers, the intention appears to be unhooking the trailers, Shrike and Stygge are in position here
- City streets: large tractors (as in the tractor in a tractor-trailer rig) are approaching the trailers, but are currently in the street
- Trucks: two trucks were approaching the entry to the parking lot/loading bay, but are slowing to a stop still on the street
- Office Elevator shaft: Bushwack and Wraith are currently breaching the elevator.
- Hidden basement: four of five Tir operators are visible, all unconscious. The fifth and Mulpa are no where to be seen from this vantage
- Cell: in the hidden basement are a series of cells, the bomb knocked out the locks, some of them have been pushed open. Approximately 150m from elevator to cell area. The fifth Tir operative and Mulpa are in the cell room. Bomb/EMP fragments are in the hall by the fire door.
- Factory: suspect five Tir operatives in this building as well.
- Trailer 1: riddled with bullet holes and other damage, full of yelling and other signs of conflict. The other is not active.
- Trailer 2: no sign of movement inside
The dwarf is closer than the smoke filled corridor. Approaching the short meta, Death Otter can see he is breathing. The doorstop is not totally stripped, but he has been relieved of weapons and commlinks. Judging by the empty holster this guy probably had some weapons on him.
Death Otter's investigations around the room combined with her background in Matrix networks, reveal a painful truth: this room is blocked off from any wireless transmissions.
As she approaches the smokey hallway, she hears a loud clang followed by heavy footsteps. That followed in turn by someone talking, a low, deep voice. Not really a pleasant one under the circumstances.
Closer to the hallway, through the smoke, she sees a body stuck between the two leaves of an automatic fire door. She can't see much past that. She realizes then, that the air was not moving at all until the loud clang, then the air started to move out down the hallway.
INSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
Wraith drops down into the corridor behind Bushwack. The area is relatively quiet. The smell is acrid, masking even the troll's cigar. But it is clear that the air was still and is now -- not rushing -- definitely moving up the elevator shaft, carrying much of the smoke with it. The room will probably clear out soon.
Her sensitive ears do pick up some movement down the hall though, like someone walking slowly.
Bushwack is focused on the unconscious elves. They are truly out. Stripping them of gear doesn't wake them. Finally, blowing smoke up the nose of one of the pointy ears, or maybe the stank of a size 32 troll foot, seems to rouse her a bit. Enough to say "ugh". She jerks around a bit, but does not get much more conscious yet. Clearly it will take time for her to fully wake up.
Side note keeping with a theme, they do have really nice gear.
When Wraith tries to message Bushwack, she notices considerable lag and interference: instead of going over the normal Matrix networks, it was forced to use the small radio on the commlink itself. There is hardly and signal available, and none a few steps from the elevator car.
OUTSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
Combat for Stygge and Shrike: No need for more initiative passes, you guys have knocked out everyone worth knocking out.
The sound of weapons fire is distinct, even suppressed. Combined with bodies dropping to the ground -- the typical bystander can't tell dead from knocked out -- starts to cause some inkling of a commotion as passersby try to understand a rapidly developing situation.
It has developed rapidly into four trucker-riggers hitting the ground. The struggle inside the nearest trailer continues, but no additional gunfire.
The approaching trucks slows down, the face of the truckers visible in the windows, faces filled with confusion. They appears to be slowing to a stop, the brakes of the truck sound that way at least!
Both Stygge and Shrike have seen the look of surprise on the pedestrian-truckers, it is mirrored in the truck driving-truckers right now. It's is the look of someone waking up and not knowing where they are or how they got there. Utter confusion.
What the frag are you going to do now?