Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Adventure topics for this game go here!
User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Muppet Man »

TIME STAMP wrote: //Location: Downtown Puyallup/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <1152:30/2075-01-18> Combat ACTIVE, Round 1 Shrike & Arthur roll initiative (Note: Arthur can keep the second shot roll if desired, it has not been used yet.)
//Weather: <Heavy Overcast, Light Snow, 1C, Wind N 8kph, feels like -6C>
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
Situational Awareness wrote:
  • Exterior:
    • Factory parking lot: two pairs of "chipheads" approaching trailers, the intention appears to be unhooking the trailers, Shrike and Stygge are in position here
    • City streets: large tractors (as in the tractor in a tractor-trailer rig) are approaching the trailers, but are currently in the street
    • Trucks: two trucks were approaching the entry to the parking lot/loading bay, but are slowing to a stop still on the street
  • Interior:
    • Office Elevator shaft: Bushwack and Wraith are currently breaching the elevator.
    • Hidden basement: four of five Tir operators are visible, all unconscious. The fifth and Mulpa are no where to be seen from this vantage
    • Cell: in the hidden basement are a series of cells, the bomb knocked out the locks, some of them have been pushed open. Approximately 150m from elevator to cell area. The fifth Tir operative and Mulpa are in the cell room. Bomb/EMP fragments are in the hall by the fire door.
    • Factory: suspect five Tir operatives in this building as well.
  • Trailers:
    • Trailer 1: riddled with bullet holes and other damage, full of yelling and other signs of conflict. The other is not active.
    • Trailer 2: no sign of movement inside
INSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT OR IN THE DARK
Interior Scone Factory Secret Sub-Basement:
Image
Wraith concludes her inspection of Mulpa with full confidence in her analysis and zero understanding of why he's out. Mulpa is physically fine. His heart rate and breather are typical for someone who is sedated. There are no signs of damage anywhere she can see. No blood from eyes, nose or ears to indicate anything internal. He seems in reasonable shape for an unconscious person. Magic is the likely culprit, but Wraith has no way of determining that for sure.

The elf commandos are more or less all on their feet when Death Otter gets spicy with them. The guy who spoke before said to her tiredly, "The troll is a pro, child. Go ask him about our deal. But we were not her for you, we were instructed to bring back any prisoners. Alive. I do not know why that order was given, it is irrelevant now. We are leaving." They head towards the elevator and he says, "Don't worry, we will handle throwing the people responsible into a mountain of shit."

The elves are taking one of the two ways out from this basement: the elevator or the mysterious stair with a dead body on it.

Image
OUTSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
General Area of Scone Factory
Image
Interior of Semi-Trailer
Image
Image
Before Shrike's attention was drawn back towards the pyscho borg, he did a quick analysis of the bullet strikes. Gel rounds, by all indications, had impacted the wall right next to him. Looking around the area, and given his knowledge of tactics and weapons, there seemed a few good possibilities for a potential sniper's nest. There are three buildings across the parking lot and road that would provide good vantage points for a shooter. But, conjecture maybe, if a shooter was good enough to put two shots together like that, they would not chose an obvious location. Something a little more difficult. Scanning further afield, there is one spot that catches his eye.

Over two blocks south, a nine or ten story building stands above the five and six story buildings closest to the scone factory. It's top floors have good line of sight to the target area -- the area where Shrike is standing. The potentially attractive part of the location is that two of the mid floors are under construction. There is scaffolding hanging along the exterior. The windows and exterior walls are all punched out and covered with plastic sheeting. Covered poorly in fact, there are many loose corners whipping around in the wind and rips and tears big enough for someone to step through. It's a cluttered environment from the outside, but would let a shooter remain concealed if they were tucked back up inside.

But with its scream, the borg reclaims everyone's attention. As it lumbers towards the end of the trailer, Shrike ducks down and rolls out of sight. He hears the borgs heavy steps as it approaches the doorway. The end of the trailer starts to deform, something strong is trying to make the opening between the wall and the trailer bigger. The twisting metal screeches under the strain. Shrike sees a blue taloned hand pry back the edge of the container, possibly enough for the monster to jump out. The container shifts as the weight is transferred. Then there's the SNAP of a bullet impact.

The bullet must have surprised the cyborg monster, but not killed it outright. It landed on the ground in a crouch. It's head was a thing of nightmare at this point. The armor piercing bullet had penetrated the armor and deflected, coming out behind the "ear" leaving a big tearing hole. Fluids were gushing out. Nothing looked like blood or brains though, and it was washing away the gore from the 'borg's victims. It shivered for a moment then slowly started its way toward Shrike's position.

TWO BLOCKS AWAY FROM A SCONE FACTORY
Stygge's bluff works...more or less. The truck driver opens up the passenger door and gives her an odd look, then a shrug. He says, "You must be new, they ain't give you and physical key?" He produces a square chunk of black plastic with a single plastic prong. "You don't have one?" He starts to climb into the truck, motioning to a device on the console that has a receptacle just the right size and shape for the key.

If he is allowed to slot it in place, the alarms stop and Stygge can "feel" control of the truck return. She just now has a passenger.


SEVERAL HUNDRED METERS AWAY INSIDE AN ANONYMOUS BUILDING WITH GOOD SIGHTLINE TO A TRAILER SITTING OUTSIDE OF A SCONE FACTORY
The wind wasn't strong, but it stirred up the air inside the vacant floor where Arthur was hiding. And that made it feel cold, freezing cold. His position was reasonably comfortable, it was just cold and damp, the special Seattle kind of cold that isn't that cold but will give you hypothermia anyway.

For a moment before the scream, the "soldier guy" looks almost directly at Arthur's position. Then everything started moving again. The elf rolls out of sight. The trailer shakes with movement. He can see the ends of metallic fingers reaching from inside the trailer. Heartbeats that feel an hour apart pass by. Finally though, a target.

SNAP. The bullet struck home!

But why didn't the monster go down? Fluids gushed from the entry and exit wounds. Headshots normally work. Its face and body and hands are covered in blood.

The target leaps from the trailer and lands in a crouch. It is facing the trailer and its head lolls to the side in a really disturbing way. The fluids from the "wound" are washing away the blood. Someone else's blood.

Center of mass? Heart? Sure, where would that be?

INFO:
:arrow:
Truck Routes
Image

Watching the major roads, Stygge notices a pilot car followed by a
Image
, it appears to be following the same route to the factory.
:arrow:
Weather Game Effects
  • Triple travel time anywhere in the Sprawl, with minimum of 1 hour.
  • Getting anywhere requires a piloting/driving check Difficulty 2, if you're from Seattle or Portland, increase difficulty to 3
  • Motorcycles are worse: difficulty 5
  • Visibility: -1 (exterior); Dim Light (-3 visual)
:arrow:
Scone Factory Aerial View
Image
:arrow:
Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject:
    • Legal Name: Charla Ann Dalrymple Media Handle: @CharlDarlBaby Occupation: Media Personality/Influencer
    • Description: Age: 19 Metavariant: Human Skin: Brown Hair: Bald Known Affiliations: Humanis Policlub
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement
Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2
  • Details:
    • Design:
    • Bakery: 4 stories tall, concrete first floor, metal siding upper floors, metal butterfly roof, significant HVAC and other roof penetrations
    • Warehouse: 3 stories stall, concrete walls, flat membrane roof with 2/3rd green roof (as in it's a garden), 2m parapet around roof
    • Office: 3 stories, flat membrane roof w/ 3/4 green roof, 1.5m parapet around roof
    • Parking lot: Asphalt paving, no planters, wheels stops at stalls adjacent to buildings only, 16 streetlights, each with a electric vehicle charging station
    • Landscaping: dirt or lava rock, xeriscape friendly plants around entrance to office. A large above ground concrete utility vault is connected to the office portion. A 1m deep, .5m wide trench follows the north side of the bakery. Covered walkways (metal roofing) connect the buildings
    • Ingress/Egress:
    • Bakery: 4 man doors at street level, 2 upper level door accessed by fire escapes/catwalks, catwalk connects to center portion of roof
    • Warehouse: 2 man doors at street level, 3 lading docks, 1 loading door at ground level, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Office: double entry door on ground floor, two emergency exits, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Fenestration:
    • Bakery: three small windows next to main entry door, clerestory windows on long side at about 30m above the finished grade of the parking lot
    • Warehouse: Main entry door has two sidelites and a transom window, remaining doors have transoms, three square windows at 1.5m above finish grade of the parking lot evenly spaced on each side of the building, six 1.5m x 3m skylights evenly spaced on roof
    • Office: Each floor has floor to ceiling glazing on all sides, glazing is "opaque", several portions of the windows system are operable egress windows
What the frag are you going to do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Milk Toast
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:44 pm

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Milk Toast »

Arthur watched the massive cyborg soak a "parting" headshot. That is: part of it here, part of it there, and part of it waaaaay over there staining the wall! Without his cheek pressed firmly to the stock, Arthur's jaw would surely have dropped open in a most unprofessional display of astonishment. As it was, his nose continued to run freely and snot dribbled like cold gravy over the expensive adjustable cheekrest unnoticed.

Arthur looked closely at the anthroform in thermal imaging hoping to find a weak point his rifle could exploit. Perhaps a power source running warm or the reservoir for that gushing fluid showing cold and partially empty? Maybe some dude was in an armored nutrient bath...Naw, thet's stoopid talk. He mentally chided himself. That wasn't real.

In the meantime, he needed to slow down the engagement before one of the two Bad Things on his contract happened. 1) Extra bodies like his new friend "Dirtside" over there or 2) the target "rabbiting". Neither of these Bad Things meant a good payday and might mean getting fired.

He began to sing a little song to steady his nerves that went like this:
"Heeeeead, Shoulders(bang), Knees and Toes(bang). Knees and Toes(bang)..."

The tune cheered him up wonderfully despite his runny nose, cold digits, and needing to pee so bad it hurt.

IP#2 = 11
Observe in Detail(Hotspots or fluid filled containers) Perception 10d6; flare comp, thermographic, vision magnification

SA, Called Shot: Knee(Right)
13d6>4=3, 12P ap-5, DV limit: 1
 • Stunned (Composure (2) Test or –10 Init),
 • Knockdown (Str + Agi (DV+3=15) or fall prone),
 • Slowed (Walk+Run halved, no Sprint Tests),
 • Winded (no Complex Actions for Turns = original DV)

IP#3 = 01
SA, Called Shot: Shoulder(Left)
15d6>4=5, 12P ap-5, DV Limit: 3,
 • Stunned (Bod + Wil(1) Test or target –5 Init),
 • One-Armed Bandit (no actions w/ arm for Combat Turns = DV; –6 dice until arm is healed),
 • Weak Side (–2 dice all melee Defense tests while their arm is ineffective)

SA, Called Shot: Shoulder(Right)
15d6>4= 3, 12P ap-5, DV Limit: 3,
 • Stunned,
 • One-Armed Bandit,
 • Weak Side
Perception: 10 (vision mag, thermographic, flare comp)
Armor: casual 14, combat 21
Composure: 6 Dodge 16 Judge Intentions 8 Surprise 12

User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Shrike »

Muppet Man wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:18 am
Over two blocks south, a nine or ten story building stands above the five and six story buildings closest to the scone factory. It's top floors have good line of sight to the target area -- the area where Shrike is standing. The potentially attractive part of the location is that two of the mid floors are under construction. There is scaffolding hanging along the exterior. The windows and exterior walls are all punched out and covered with plastic sheeting. Covered poorly in fact, there are many loose corners whipping around in the wind and rips and tears big enough for someone to step through. It's a cluttered environment from the outside, but would let a shooter remain concealed if they were tucked back up inside.
From his vantage point under the truck, he quickly ascertains where the sniper is.

Looks like I know where the sniper is, but still none the wiser as to his intentions. And I have bigger problems right now or the same problem with multiple components.
As the cyborg starts lumbering towards his position, Looks heavily armoured Shrike changes his mind about his ammo type and then opens up on it. He knew he wouldn't last in close combat, so keeping it at bay and disabled was his best option.
Muppet Man wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:18 am
The bullet must have surprised the cyborg monster, but not killed it outright. It landed on the ground in a crouch. It's head was a thing of nightmare at this point. The armor piercing bullet had penetrated the armor and deflected, coming out behind the "ear" leaving a big tearing hole. Fluids were gushing out. Nothing looked like blood or brains though, and it was washing away the gore from the 'borg's victims. It shivered for a moment then slowly started its way toward Shrike's position.
Not indestructible, which is a good sign.

initiative 3d6+10

Pass 1 22
Free action eject clip
Action Change ammo to APDS and grab explosive rounds clip

Pass 2 12
As the cyborg moves towards him and the sniper opens fire, hopefully distracting the borg, Shrike opens up on its nearest knee joint with his Ares Alpha.

Automatics 13d6>4
11P +successes -6AP

Pass 3 2

If it is still moving towards Shrike, he will slide out from under the trailer and run for cover by the second trailer.
If it is disabled or at least moving very slowly from the knee shot and not likely to reach his position, he will shoot again to render it unable to do anything.
Automatics 13d6>4
11P +successes -6AP


deFense 1 10d6>4deFense 2 10d6>4deFense 3 10d6>4

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Muppet Man »

TIME STAMP wrote: //Location: Downtown Puyallup/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <1152:45/2075-01-18> Combat ACTIVE, Round 2 Shrike & Arthur
//Weather: <Heavy Overcast, Light Snow, 1C, Wind N 8kph, feels like -6C>
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
Situational Awareness
  • Exterior:
    • Factory parking lot: two pairs of "chipheads" approaching trailers, the intention appears to be unhooking the trailers, Shrike and Stygge are in position here
    • City streets: large tractors (as in the tractor in a tractor-trailer rig) are approaching the trailers, but are currently in the street
    • Trucks: two trucks were approaching the entry to the parking lot/loading bay, but are slowing to a stop still on the street
  • Interior:
    • Office Elevator shaft: Bushwack and Wraith are currently breaching the elevator.
    • Hidden basement: four of five Tir operators are visible, all unconscious. The fifth and Mulpa are no where to be seen from this vantage
    • Cell: in the hidden basement are a series of cells, the bomb knocked out the locks, some of them have been pushed open. Approximately 150m from elevator to cell area. The fifth Tir operative and Mulpa are in the cell room. Bomb/EMP fragments are in the hall by the fire door.
    • Factory: suspect five Tir operatives in this building as well.
  • Trailers:
    • Trailer 1: riddled with bullet holes and other damage, full of yelling and other signs of conflict. The other is not active.
    • Trailer 2: no sign of movement inside
OUTSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
Image
Parking Lot Detail (1 grid = approx. 1 meter)
It seems like the borg has warmed up. It is moving frighteningly fast, in fact. Not as fast as Shrike though. Shrike quickly changes his ammo and starts attacking the cyborg's vulnerable joints. His first shot strikes home, an array of small explosions going off at the monster's digitigrade knee. It seems unfazed and keeps running erratically towards Shrike's location. It's erratic motion caused Arthur's carefully aimed shot to miss. Something that doesn't happen often. Shrike also has trouble connecting on his second shot, so does Arthur.

It pauses and tries to lift up the trailer to get at Shrike, and when it's struck in the exposed shoulder - finally Arthur's shot connects. The borg drops the trailer. It's to big to reach Shrike standing up, so it drops on all fours. The destroyed head lolls to the side.

Arthur and Shrike can see pretty clearly that two sensor "booms" are in play swinging around from connection points on the back behind the neck. Without the head, these are probably its only remaining cameras.


:arrow:
Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject:
    • Legal Name: Charla Ann Dalrymple Media Handle: @CharlDarlBaby Occupation: Media Personality/Influencer
    • Description: Age: 19 Metavariant: Human Skin: Brown Hair: Bald Known Affiliations: Humanis Policlub
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement
Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2
  • Details:
    • Design:
    • Bakery: 4 stories tall, concrete first floor, metal siding upper floors, metal butterfly roof, significant HVAC and other roof penetrations
    • Warehouse: 3 stories stall, concrete walls, flat membrane roof with 2/3rd green roof (as in it's a garden), 2m parapet around roof
    • Office: 3 stories, flat membrane roof w/ 3/4 green roof, 1.5m parapet around roof
    • Parking lot: Asphalt paving, no planters, wheels stops at stalls adjacent to buildings only, 16 streetlights, each with a electric vehicle charging station
    • Landscaping: dirt or lava rock, xeriscape friendly plants around entrance to office. A large above ground concrete utility vault is connected to the office portion. A 1m deep, .5m wide trench follows the north side of the bakery. Covered walkways (metal roofing) connect the buildings
    • Ingress/Egress:
    • Bakery: 4 man doors at street level, 2 upper level door accessed by fire escapes/catwalks, catwalk connects to center portion of roof
    • Warehouse: 2 man doors at street level, 3 lading docks, 1 loading door at ground level, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Office: double entry door on ground floor, two emergency exits, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Fenestration:
    • Bakery: three small windows next to main entry door, clerestory windows on long side at about 30m above the finished grade of the parking lot
    • Warehouse: Main entry door has two sidelites and a transom window, remaining doors have transoms, three square windows at 1.5m above finish grade of the parking lot evenly spaced on each side of the building, six 1.5m x 3m skylights evenly spaced on roof
    • Office: Each floor has floor to ceiling glazing on all sides, glazing is "opaque", several portions of the windows system are operable egress windows
What the frag are you going to do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Death Otter »

Otter watched the elves pack up and head out, then looked back to where the fox-eared elf was checking on her unconscious buddy.

Wheels ticked around in her head, putting together pieces and adjusting her course. If things were as royally frakked as the elf was making it sound, just casually strolling out of here could be blundering into half a dozen crosshairs of people inclined to shoot first and not bother asking the questions at all. She wanted out of here, but she also wanted to live long enough to figure out what was going on, and why it had somehow decided to involve her.

"Look," she said to Wraith, with a glance over her shoulder at the troll just to make sure she knew where he was, "I'm not picking out CURTAINS or anything, but we've got better odds of getting all of us out in one piece if we stick together. Especially if your big friend over there's gotta lug that guy out."

"And the longer we take, the bigger the odds that our mutual enemies will reinforce. So...whaddya say?"

User avatar
Stygge
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Stygge »

Physical key. Of course.

"Nope," Stygge replies to the trucker's query, "didn't get no key." She allows her 'colleague' to slot his key in before driving the truck towards her actual destination. "Just need to get some fuel," she says to keep up the façade for as long as possible. Of course, once the Fairground Scone Factory is in view, Stygge gets a good look at just how much things have gotten out of hand since she left Shrike with the unconscious puppets from earlier.

"Holy shit," Stygge mutters once she brings the truck to a halt. There's no way her passenger is going to go in there - at least not willingly - so she tries to think of a way he can gracefully exit stage right and not have a motive to report her actions to anyone. Of course, she still has plan B (B for bullet) if that doesn't work.

"You know what?" Stygge says. "Why don't you get out now and have a drink? I'll bring the truck back to the plant once I've refuelled." If the man seems to be on the fence, she then offers to make up for any pay he loses out on from this, hoping that this trucker isn't super devoted to the company. If he's clearly opposed to the very thought of leaving Stygge alone, she draws her pistol from its arm slide and points it at his head. She then repeats her suggestion verbatim, albeit with a more menacing tone and sans the offer of financial compensation.

Finally, if even that doesn't work, Stygge wirelessly activates the smartgun system on her pistol and starts blasting. Fortunately she had gotten into the habit of loading her weapons with gel rounds first, so at worst this inconvenient passenger would be knocked out cold. However, she can't risk him staying conscious and able to interfere with her plans, so she fires a three-bullet burst just to make sure he does get knocked out cold.
Buncha dice rolls
  • Con/Negotiation/Bargaining (use the first 5/6/8 dice respectively): 8d6>4
  • Intimidation (+2 for wielding a weapon): 7d6>4
  • Initiative: 1d6+12
  • Pistols (+2 for wireless-enabled smartgun system): 8d6>4
Perception:
  • Visual: 11 since vision enhancement in cybereyes has wireless mode on
  • Audio: 11 since audio enhancement in cyberears has wireless mode on
  • Otherwise: 8
Commlink messages in this colour

User avatar
Milk Toast
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:44 pm

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Milk Toast »

Arthur mentally winced as two of his precision shots sparked off the pavement. The maimed cyborg skipped over toward the elf veteran like a wounded frog might attempt the waltz before attempting to flip the trailer. It held still just long enough and an armor piercing round blasted through the shoulder of the monster. Like a good doggie, it put that trailer DOWN!
Then it got on all fours, which Arthur thought was a bit much.
In retrospect, he would later conclude it was not playacting a dog for him but simply trying to murder Shrike; a perfectly justifiable state of mind.

Arthur's cheerful song calmed his hands wonderfully and concluded like this:

“Eyes an' Ears(bang), an' Mouth an' Nose(bang), Head(bang), Shoulders(bang), Knees an' Toes(bang, bang)!”

He first fired at the two remaining sensor pods and then fired a group of four shots at the estimated center of mass hoping to hit something important by accident...

IP#1: 21
Free: Called Shot: Sensor pod #1, Simple: Attack
17d6>4=8 20P ap -5
Free: Called Shot: Sensor pod #2, Simple: Attack
17d6>4=9, 21P ap -5
IP#2: 11
Simple: Attack
21d6>4=8, 20P ap -5
Simple: Attack
21d6>4=6, 18P ap -5
IP#3: 1
Simple: Attack
21d6>4=8, 20P ap -5
Simple: Attack
21d6>4=9, 21P ap -5
Perception: 10 (vision mag, thermographic, flare comp)
Armor: casual 14, combat 21
Composure: 6 Dodge 16 Judge Intentions 8 Surprise 12

User avatar
Bushwack
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Bushwack »

"Wraith I'm beginning to think you are to soft for the shadows you gotta stop doing these charity cases, every time we go on a run we end up with a stray... and now it's a dead otter?"

He turns to her to the young technomancer "I know what your name is and I know I made the joke you hate most. That's just a little payback for assuming I would be slower than you for lugging a bit of dwarf decker around, dig"

He throws her his commlink "Here is what we have from map data so far enriched by what I got from pretty boys with the pointy ears. You will also find the AR signatures of our friends outside so when you meet them you don't engage them by accident. Don't mess with the phone. I you know can, at least I hope you can because you don't seem very good at actually eating bullets, ooh wait that's my job."

Picks up Mulpa and goes back to collect the commlink and then talks in a conspiratory voice "Tell me where the bad guys are so I can kill them before they kill you" and lits a new cigar

Baron Munchkinhausen#4543 on Discord

Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 1
Edge: 4/4
Surprise: 14 Composure: 6 Judge Intentions: 7 Memory: 7

Qualities
Pos: Acr. Defender (use gymnastics on full defense), mentor spirit bear, natural athlete (+2 gymnastics), Catlike (+2 stealth)
Neg: In dept (2), no man left behind, incompetent firearms, poor self control (thrillseeker), combat junkie

Skills
Etiquette 6
Gymmastics 14
Perception 11 (14 visual: tetrachromatic vision bioware), (thermographic vision: Troll), (combat sense adept power:always get perception roll to not be surprised)
Pilot ground craft 10
sneaking 11 (13 urban)

Languages:
English (N)
Russian: 8

Know skills
Seattle gangs: 9
Seattle Criminal Organisations: 8
Seattlle Ork Underground: 9

combat offensive
Initiative 13 (poor self control thrill seeker +1)=14+4d6
unarmed 9 dice -7S
Spur 16 dice ACC 9 +1 reach 16 DAM choose S/P with sweep) AP -2 (19 if weapon focus is activated as a simple action), (wireless activation of spur is a free action
Throwing shuriken 16 dice 9 ACC - 14 AP -1
Throwing shuriken with called shot pin 12 dice. same but pins target if armor penetrated

Combat Defensive
Ranged / Melee Defense 14 (Rea 8 + Int 5 + Combat Sense 1)
Full Defense 14 +11 (gymnastics 6, natural athlete 2, skeletal pneumasticisty 2, reflex recorder 1)=25

Armor
"Heavy" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Big Game Hunter Coat + gel packs 16, bike racing helmet 2, PPP legs 1, PPP Arms 1, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 30
"Uptown swag": body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3 Vashion Steampunk 10 synergist longocat 3 Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 23
"Blend" Damage Resitance: body 5, Troll Dermal 1, Bear Mentor Spirit 2, cyberarm armor 3, Armor jacket 12, bike racing helmet 2, Skeletal pneumasticity -1= 24


User avatar
Shrike
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Shrike »

It's fracking lifting the trailer up. How strong is this damn thing his reflexes are still in high gear from his wired reflexes, but his combat training and survival meant Shrike was not going to hang about letting this thing get close to him.

Pass 22 Move away from the cyborg and roll for cover under the other trailer

Pass 12
sHooting 13d6>4
Damage 11P plus successes -6AP
Burst Fire -2 to target Defense
Max Accuracy 7

Pass 2
sHooting pass 2 13d6>4
Damage 11P plus successes -6AP
Burst Fire -2 to target Defense

or move away at speed from the Cyborg

Defense rolls
deFense 10d6>4
deFense 10d6>4
deFense 10d6>4

User avatar
Muppet Man
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:47 am

Re: Chapter One: Results Oriented Magic

Post by Muppet Man »

TIME STAMP wrote: //Location: Downtown Puyallup/Seattle Metroplex/UCAS
//Time: <1153:00/2075-01-18> Combat ACTIVE, Round 3 Shrike & Arthur
//Weather: <Heavy Overcast, Light Snow, 1C, Wind N 8kph, feels like -6C>
//Air Quality: <Monthly Average: Moderate (Yellow), Precipitation pH 2.6>
Situational Awareness
  • Exterior:
    • Factory parking lot: Shrike and Stygge are in position here, cyberpsycho is attacking
    • City streets: large tractors (as in the tractor in a tractor-trailer rig) are approaching the trailers, but are currently in the street
    • Trucks: two trucks were approaching the entry to the parking lot/loading bay, but are slowing to a stop still on the street
  • Interior:
    • Office Elevator shaft: Bushwack and Wraith are currently breaching the elevator.
    • Hidden basement: four of five Tir operators are visible, all unconscious. The fifth and Mulpa are no where to be seen from this vantage
    • Cell: in the hidden basement are a series of cells, the bomb knocked out the locks, some of them have been pushed open. Approximately 150m from elevator to cell area. The fifth Tir operative and Mulpa are in the cell room. Bomb/EMP fragments are in the hall by the fire door.
    • Factory: suspect five Tir operatives in this building as well.
  • Trailers:
    • Trailer 1: riddled with bullet holes and other damage, full of yelling and other signs of conflict. The other is not active.
    • Trailer 2: no sign of movement inside
COMIN' ROUND THE CORNER COMING INTO VIEW OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
The atmosphere inside the truck cab is one of camaraderie shared by those with a common occupation. Stygge had the correct bearing and attitude to be a trucker, just like the guy assumed of anyone in the company truck. He didn't pay attention to details. When they rolled to a stop and took in the very unusual scene, even in 2075 a rampaging robot or borg is not a typical occurrence. It's then that the trucker takes in the details.

At Stygge's suggestion he departs the truck. She was armed more like a security guard than a trucker. She didn't have the security key. She headed straight towards this scene of chaos. She was moderately persuasive, and that was persuasive enough. He rolled out the door with, with his mumbled reply, Yeah, yeah, I think you're right..." almost lost in all the other noise.

One very important detail he may have overlooked: the physical key was still in place. Stygge had full control of the truck.

[Roll initiative if Stygge is going to engage. Location on map below.]

OUTSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
Image
Parking Lot Detail (1 grid = approx. 1 meter)
Bang, bang. Smash, smash. And repeat.

The borg advances as Shrike retreats, its scary speed making it an even proposition. But when Arthur's shots blow off the sensor booms, the game changes. Shrike's shots do discernible damage. The monstrous borg doesn't scream, but in all other ways it seems to recoil. It reaches out, a long blade extending the length of its arm. But the swipe, blind and injured as the borg is, Shrike is able to twist to avoid it with ease. Between Shrike's autofire and Arthur's well placed shots, they take chunks out of the borg, knocking it down. It tries to run, blindly skittering. But it fails, twitching mechanically but not moving.

INSIDE OF A SUSPICIOUS SCONE FACTORY WITH DANGER WRITTEN ALL OVER IT
The elves are the first to up the elevator shaft, but they hear the shots before they reach the top.

"Troll! What are you doing up here? This firefight your doing?"

Troll, human, elf, doorstop. All of them can hear the shouts from the special forces elves. Well the doorstop can't. Only standing at the bottom of the elevator though, can Wraith hear the goings on above. At least until Shrike's automatic fire and explosive bullets join the fight.

Boy, it really sounds like the most interesting things are happening out in that parking lot!

:arrow:
Run Details
Phase 1:
  • Overview: Human Resources Acquisition: Willing Subject:
    • Legal Name: Charla Ann Dalrymple Media Handle: @CharlDarlBaby Occupation: Media Personality/Influencer
    • Description: Age: 19 Metavariant: Human Skin: Brown Hair: Bald Known Affiliations: Humanis Policlub
  • When: by 1/18/2075, delivery no later than 21:30.
  • Where: Fairground Scone Factory, Puyallup, extract and deliver to Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett
  • Security: Site secured by mercenary guards, exact provider unknown. Thought to be a very veiled Ares team. Surveillance indicates between 12 and 16 mobile guards. One active Matrix cyberdeck has been noted emanating from the compound, our decker was brainfried in the exchange. Two magical active persons are on site periodically, never both at the same time. No indication of paranormal animals or warding.
  • Pay: 32,000¥ +6,000¥ total, with 6,000¥ upfront
  • Target: Information withheld until finalized contract agreement
Phase 2:
  • Overview: Resource Management/Logistics
  • When: 1/18/2075, 21:30
  • Where: Paine Field, Hangar 17, Everett to 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
  • Security: Unknown. If Phase 1 was executed quietly, opposition should be limited. Threat level will increase in relation to the amount of disruption caused during phase 1.
  • Pay: 18,000¥ + 4,000¥ total, with 4,000¥ upfront (paid at delivery of phase 1)
  • Target: (1) 1m x 1m x 2m container
  • Note: Delivery vehicle will be provided for Phase 2
  • Details:
    • Design:
    • Bakery: 4 stories tall, concrete first floor, metal siding upper floors, metal butterfly roof, significant HVAC and other roof penetrations
    • Warehouse: 3 stories stall, concrete walls, flat membrane roof with 2/3rd green roof (as in it's a garden), 2m parapet around roof
    • Office: 3 stories, flat membrane roof w/ 3/4 green roof, 1.5m parapet around roof
    • Parking lot: Asphalt paving, no planters, wheels stops at stalls adjacent to buildings only, 16 streetlights, each with a electric vehicle charging station
    • Landscaping: dirt or lava rock, xeriscape friendly plants around entrance to office. A large above ground concrete utility vault is connected to the office portion. A 1m deep, .5m wide trench follows the north side of the bakery. Covered walkways (metal roofing) connect the buildings
    • Ingress/Egress:
    • Bakery: 4 man doors at street level, 2 upper level door accessed by fire escapes/catwalks, catwalk connects to center portion of roof
    • Warehouse: 2 man doors at street level, 3 lading docks, 1 loading door at ground level, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Office: double entry door on ground floor, two emergency exits, access to roof from interior stairway
    • Fenestration:
    • Bakery: three small windows next to main entry door, clerestory windows on long side at about 30m above the finished grade of the parking lot
    • Warehouse: Main entry door has two sidelites and a transom window, remaining doors have transoms, three square windows at 1.5m above finish grade of the parking lot evenly spaced on each side of the building, six 1.5m x 3m skylights evenly spaced on roof
    • Office: Each floor has floor to ceiling glazing on all sides, glazing is "opaque", several portions of the windows system are operable egress windows
What the frag are you going to do now?
No one: “I feel like I’ve been here before...”

Post Reply